FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AJ Smith = Fool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
greygoose View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greygoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AJ Smith = Fool
    Posted: Jun 03 2012 at 7:12pm
Does this remind you of anyone?

"If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got"
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2012 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by rngrmed rngrmed wrote:

I worked in West Chester where no taxes were taken out...pain in full before April 15th. Penalized for not paying quarterly though. Was told my responsibility to know. This ass clown is responsible for setting policies and can say "I didn't know"?

I have the same situation at tax time rngrmed. At Wright-Patt, Fairborn and Riverside do not take city taxes from the old paycheck. It all goes to Middletown. I pay quarterly. Easier to come up with that quarterly payment than the whole year's payment at once.
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2012 at 1:51pm
I worked in West Chester where no taxes were taken out...pain in full before April 15th. Penalized for not paying quarterly though. Was told my responsibility to know. This ass clown is responsible for setting policies and can say "I didn't know"?

viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2012 at 12:05am
How did this dumbass get elected in the first place? I can't believe he represents my ward.
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2012 at 10:35pm
One more time...

Butler County Commission President Don Dixon said he has filed his forms, but did miss the deadline. He said the forms were completed on May 21 and he paid $250 late fee.

Like Dixon, Middletown Councilman A.J. Smith said the deadline was overlooked.

“I got the paper work. I’m planning to file and I didn’t realize I missed the deadline,” said Smith. “This is something I’ve done every year. I just happened to overlook it. I’ll be sure to get it filed.”

As far as the penalties, Smith said he’ll pay the fine whatever it totals to be.

“Penalties are penalties,” he said.

LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2012 at 5:32pm
If this was anyone else they would probaly be in jail. I say its a safe bet that he wont have to pay all the fine but again anybody else would pay it with interest.
Also read today that a council person in lebanon was pulled over and he didnt have any Lics. Only was suppose to have a permit to drive to and from work. again,anybody else car would of been impounded and they would went to jail.
Guess we our lucky we have people as the one's mentioned being such good role models.LOL
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2012 at 12:28pm
The title of this post shouldnt read aj smith = fool ,it should have been named something like.."Fools voted for AJ Smith" and like his idol obama he will probably be re elected LOL 
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2012 at 6:50am
Just when you thought the stories concerning AJ were all but gone....

Yesterday's Journal.....

Campaign finance issue still lingers for councilman

MIDDLETOWN — Councilman A.J. Smith has paid the income tax he owed the city for the past two years, but he still has to clear up an issue with the Ohio Elections Commission.

An addendum that Smith failed to submit when questions arose about his 2009 The issues with Smith’s campaign finance reports, he said, were mostly regarding mislabeling. He said one contribution for $200 was marked as cash donation that should have been a check donation. Campaign finance laws specify local politicians cannot receive a cash donation larger than $100

"SHOULD HAVE BEEN A CHECK DONATION, NOT CASH".....EASY FIX, JUST DESIGNATE THE DONATION AS A CHECK TO NAVIGATE AROUND THE RULE.

Richter said those who do not file the required addendum, which is a request made by local boards of election, are fined $25 a day until it’s filed. However, he said it’s more than likely the fine could be reduced to $100

LET'S SEE.....$25/DAY TIMES HOW MANY DAYS HAS IT BEEN? SIZABLE AMOUNT ABOUT NOW, RIGHT?.......OR, LET'S JUST OVERRIDE THOSE PESKY RULES AND JUST CALL IT AN EVEN 100 BUCKS. WHAT THE HECK!

Not filing his local income taxes, Smith said, was “an oversight.” He said he had taken the responsibility of doing his own taxes for 2009 and 2010. In the years prior, as a teenager, his parents had taken care of his filling out his tax paperwork.

WELL SURE! HE WASN'T AWARE THAT HIS PARENTS WEREN'T DOING HIS TAXES ANYMORE SINCE HE WASN'T A TEENAGER ANY LONGER. I COULD SEE THE CONFUSION OF NOT KNOWING YOUR TAXES WERE NO LONGER BEING DONE AND THAT YOU WERE NO LONGER A TEEN AND WERE RESPONSIBLE AS AN ADULT TO GET IT DONE YOURSELF. ABSOLUTELY!

He said he was unaware that the local chain of a national tax preparation business did not prepare his local income taxes

I COULD SEE THAT HAPPENING. MOST PEOPLE WHO WALK INTO H&R BLOCK, HEWLETT OR ANY OTHER TAX SERVICE NEVER THINK TO ASK THE QUESTION CONCERNING WHAT THE TAX SERVICE WILL COVER, KNOWING THAT YOU MUST FILE FED, STATE AND CITY. SURE.

spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2011 at 7:41am
2nd ward put him in decisively
2nd ward should be the ones to take him out
1 more year anyway, then the 2nd ward loses representation completely.
Instead of worrying about removing AJ, why not find better candidates?

acclaro has it---AJ is harmless to everyone but himself
Mulligan and co. are the dangerous ones, along with Butler County, Congress, Newt and Barack

Occupy and Tea Party rule!!

Herman Cain--Ron Paul!!
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2011 at 12:17pm
I am ready to get rid of this guy.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2011 at 12:00pm
Doesn't this fool work?  What does he do all day?  How does he afford to pay rent?  Or is he living with Mommy?
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2011 at 10:46am
Mr Smith is an embarrassment to young men and the community.
Voleye View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voleye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2011 at 7:38am
they didnt embarrass themselves.   The court and city did what they had to do.   It would be a lot worse press if they give special treatment to someone on council and let them slide by without paying and no fine.   The court had to treat it as if it were Joe Normal.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2011 at 10:05pm
Judge Judy moment. Maybe a tv show after office or on HLN for the M. I find the Commissioners in Hamiltion 1000x more clowns than Smith's destructive actions.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2011 at 6:55pm
Ok, that's it! As a resident of Ward 2 I for one have had enough!
I am going to organize a petition drive to recall Mr Smith.
Who is with me?
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2011 at 5:38pm
Another misunderstanding!
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 4:33pm
Aj is a fart in the wind. Knowing Nix is not hourly I still hope she not wasting time during the workday on facebook. Who gives a sh t what Aj does. Nix needs to worry about her on world of public life and focus on the pending down turn of property values. Facebook good god lets tell everybody what we had for lunch today and if the sky is still blue.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 11:27am
Any one have a link to aj or nancies facebook ?
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 11:18am
Again A.J. needs to go .He is a disgrace to Middletucky.Where has he been at the last 2 council meetings? Im guessing he thinks the budget isnt important.
GO AWAY A.J. we wont miss you at all.Smile
GLM View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GLM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 10:48am
A few weeks ago I was having lunch in a local restaurant and AJ was seated near me.  He was a bit loud and couldn't help but overhear some remarks he was making to his lunch companion on his prominence in the community, saying things like "it is not arrogance because I can back it up" and "when I walk into a room I command respect from everyone". 

I know he is still a young man but someone needs to explain to him how to look in the mirror and do a reality check.
Observer View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 10:40am
I consider Nancy a friend and this morning she posted on her facebook that the comment she was responding to on AJ's page wasn't even posted in the Journal.  She says she was responding to AJ referring to the Governor as a "flaming douchebag."  I see political coversations everyday on FB and AJ can state his opinion and Nancy can say hers but don't post something and then not expect to have people respond (isn't that the point of posting!!) The Journal does have a facebook page so it's not out of the question that they saw AJ's post and called them both for comments on their conversation.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 9:36am

I feel this article is more appropriate in a first grade year book than a newspaper. Really silly. He expressed his opinion of a public official, whom has no immunity from an opinion. Nancy posted her opinion back. In essence, the same concept as stated below, by O, you respond and create dialogue in that forum, like a blog, which others agree, disagree, or have no opinion, nor post anything. As a newspaper, how is that fact, how is it newsworthy? Perhaps printed in the opinion side of the paper? I feel I am in grade school even discussing this issue, not remotely newsworthy. Perhaps the paper should take point/ counterpoint here and put it in as news. Well, it takes off the glare of Herman Cain.

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 8:26am

Nix wants someone else to “behave in an appropriate manner”???

This from someone who is listed in a newspaper ad one day as supporting my opponent when I am running for public office, and then mails me a letter the very next day asking for my support when she seeks the Central Committee’s endorsement for reelection. 

Does she think THAT is “appropriate behavior” … or does she just have unmitigated gall???  LOL LOL LOL

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 7:24am

Agree with you VV, but you have to admit, AJ is the ever ready bunny, he just keeps going and going
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 6:59am
More AJ from the Journal......

Councilman criticized for disparaging remarks about governor

MIDDLETOWN — Councilman A.J. Smith has been criticized for remarks he made about Ohio Gov. John Kasich on his personal Facebook page.

With the defeat of Issue 2 in Tuesday’s general election, the city’s outspoken 2nd Ward representative called the GOP governor “an arrogant little man” and another disparaging name.

NOT A FAN OF SMITH'S ACTIONS AS MOST AREN'T AND DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE "OTHER DISPARAGING NAME", BUT I REALLY DON'T SEE WHERE HIS "ARROGANT LITTLE MAN" COMMENT CAN BE CATEGORIZED IN THE NAME-CALLING BRACKET. SOMEWHAT DEROGATORY PERHAPS. WE'VE ALL HEARD WORSE, HAVEN'T WE?

Butler County Treasurer Nancy Nix, a former Middletown City Council member, responded on Smith’s Facebook page saying he represents “more than just yourself, you represent Middletown. Please remember that. It’s okay to have an opinion, but please be professional...”

Nix, a Republican, believes council members should “behave in an appropriate manner.” She understands Issue 2 was a very emotional issue for people.“Some may be glad he’s speaking his mind, but when you’re an elected official, you’re held to a higher standard,” she said. “Name-calling is inappropriate.”

NIX'S USE OF MIDDLETOWN, REPRESENTING MIDDLETOWN AND THE WORD PROFESSIONAL SEEM TO CONFLICT. HAS SHE SEEN THE WAY THE TOWN HAS BEEN RUN LATELY? PROFESSIONAL WOULD ALUDE TO COMPETENT WOULDN'T IT? DO WE HAVE THAT IN THIS TOWN AS TO LEADERSHIP AND REPRESENTATION? WITH THE REPUTATION THIS TOWN HAS HAD IN THE LAST 20+ YEARS, IT'S A LITTLE LATE TO WORRY ABOUT REPRESENTING MIDDLETOWN IN A POSITIVE LIGHT, ISN'T IT?

I LOVE THE COMMENT "WHEN YOU"RE AN ELECTED OFFICIAL, YOU'RE HELD TO A HIGHER STANDARD". COMICAL NIX. I HAVE HEARD/READ ENOUGH ON THE FED, STATE AND LOCAL SCENE TO KNOW THAT MOST POLITICIANS ARE LOOKED UPON WITH CONTEMPT AND ARE RANKED RIGHT ABOVE A FELON AS TO STANDARDS AND MORALS. WHO'S FOOLING WHO HERE NIX?

IF NIX IS GOING TO SCOLD SMITH ABOUT "BEHAVING IN AN APPROPRIATE MANNER", WHY DIDN'T WE HEAR NIX SCOLDING PICARD WHEN HE TOLD LAUBACH TO SHUT UP IN A COUNCIL MEETING. AT LEAST SMITH HAS HIS YOUTHFUL INDESCRETIONS TO USE AS AN EXCUSE(OR DID ABOUT FIVE EPISODES AGO) PICARD IS OLD ENOUGH AND A SO-CALLED "PROFESSIONAL" TO HAVE KNOWN BETTER. WHY WASN'T HE PUBLICLY ADMONISHED FOR HIS COUNCIL BEHAVIOR BY NIX, MULLIGAN OR THE OTHER "BEHAVIOR POLICE"? WHAT ABOUT ALL THE SCHIAVONE/LAURA WILLIAMS TANTRUMS THAT EVENTUALLY GOT TO YOU TUBE? WAS NIX AROUND THEN? IF SO, WHERE WAS THE CONCERN THEN?

FURTHERMORE, WHO ANNOINTED NIX THE ETIQUETTE CZAR OF MIDDLETOWN? SHE PLAYED THE GAME OF USING MIDDLETOWN AS A SPRINGBOARD TO BIGGER AND BETTER THINGS. SHE DID THE REPUBLICAN COUNTY SHUFFLE TO MANEUVER TO WHERE SHE IS AT, CHOOSING TO DISENGAGE HERSELF FROM MIDDLETOWN POLITICS. SHE SHOULD TEND TO HER BUSINESS IN HAMILTON AS SHE HAS CHOSEN TO DO AND STOP PLAYING MOTHER HEN WITH THE LECTURES.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic