FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AJ Smith = Fool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AJ Smith = Fool
    Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 7:02am
AJ has to go! He doesn't seem to have one lick of common sense. What an embarrassment to his family and the community.

705.92 Procedure for removal of elective officer by recall.

Any elective officer of a municipal corporation may be removed from office by the qualified voters of such municipal corporation. The procedure to effect such removal shall be:

(A) A petition signed by qualified electors equal in number to at least fifteen per cent of the total votes cast at the most recent regular municipal election, and demanding the election of a successor to the person sought to be removed, shall be filed with the board of elections. Such petition shall contain a general statement in not more than two hundred words of the grounds upon which the removal of such person is sought. The form, sufficiency, and regularity of any such petition shall be determined as provided in the general election laws.

(B) If the petition is sufficient, and if the person whose removal is sought does not resign within five days after the sufficiency of the petition has been determined, the legislative authority shall thereupon order and fix a day for holding an election to determine the question of the removal of the elective officer, and for the selection of a successor to each officer named in said petition. Such election shall be held not less than thirty nor more than forty days from the time of the finding of the sufficiency of such petition. The election authorities shall publish notice and make all arrangements for holding such election, which shall be conducted and the result thereof returned and declared in all respects as are the results of regular municipal elections.

ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 7:18am
Busted for stealing from Duke energy. Good luck with that 15%, although the south main st. crowd would most likely sign it twice.
jag123 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jag123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 7:35am
He won't be recalled, unless criminal charges are filed. He also won't be re-elected.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 8:50am
He probably won't get reelected because Middletown has done away with the ward system.

All candidates are at-large.

That kid is heading down the wrong path. He had so much promise for his democrat party. Now he is an embarrassment.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
chmoore View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 9:20am
Whenever I hear a "loud, banging sound" outside my house during daylight hours, the first thing I do is run outside with my gun in hand....don't you? Of course, that's only when I have my utilities illegally connected. Heck, I'd be afraid that someone was trying to steal my illegal electricity...or something like that. By the way, should we check to see how the water service from the City of Middletown is connected? We certainly wouldn't want him to be stealing water from the City (which he represents).   CH Moore.
c.h. moore
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 9:35am
According to a family member of mine who had AJ in some of his classes when he was in high school, he didn't have much promise to start with.

This represents our city poorly. Granted, not as bad as Laura Williams or the lady who got arrested running around in a cow costume, but a black eye nonetheless.

I wonder if Mayor Mulligan will address this at the next council meeting and again ask for AJ to resign. I notice that the meeting wont' be held at Sunset where National Night Out is going on this evening, but I don't think that's been done in several years. Laura Williams probably ruined that idea with her behavior several years ago berating a citizen making a comment (that oddly didn't make it onto TVM).
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 9:41am
no excuses or defense from spiderjohn

still--no charges filed by anyone.
This will sort itself out in the proper direction--don't  worry.
Also--don't be distracted from the REAL local issues:
Job Creation
Tremendous increase in crime--robbery, aggravated robbery, various theft and burglaries
Was there a recent HUD visit that didn't gel with Mr.A's master plan?
Will we be adding MORE vouchers?
What is the current and expected tally?
What about the high % of empty housing stocki that is being held up from forclosure, and currently in limbo(very bad/dangerous imo)?

Will we see LEGAL theft of Duke electric IF council approves the streetlight installation on S Main St, which would increase the citizens'  charge to operate these lights. Going from $117 to $460 MONTHLY per section, and to increase in time. Is this also going on in the Highlands district, Aberdeen, the former downtown area and anywhere else where this  type of lighting has been installed? Seems it would be very simple to assess these affected residents the electric billing difference monthly on their water bills(pro-rated), since the city is already planning a streetlight assessment to be placed on the same bill. So--is the assessment partially necessary because of the increased costs of operating ornamental lighting in select areas? Shouldn't those property owners foot the bill since they recieve the benefit?

I don't see how any Councilmember would approve this ordinance as written, especially since no one has brought forth a consistent set of cost figures. Can we have the same lighting, conditions and costs in other neighborhoods?
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 11:17am
We all are at fault for not getting are ducks in a row and kicking his A$$ to the curb the first time he acted like a little punk.I hope and pray that Duke presses charges against him and he gets to go visit Bubba.
Mr.Smith we all know that you troll around on here so again do everyone a favor and give up your seat.You IMO are nothing but a punk that thinks cos you have the title council person can do anything you damn well please.Wake the hell up "PUNK" you are nothing but a leach.You bring more negative to this beat up town then anyone.Smile
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 5:57pm
AJ chickened out on City Council meeting tonight.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 6:42pm
I know AJ very well. He also worked for me. Was excused from employment do to his lack of respect of authority. No surprise there! He is a punk and needs to go. He also been seen in associating with a known drug dealer. This from a very reliable source. He has also been seen getting fast food and stating it was to go, than sat down in the establishment and are all to avoid paying $0.13 tax.

By the way, how does one buy a home with no job??? City council does not pay that much.

So lets see, has a gun, associates with a known drug dealer, steals utilities. You all put the pieces together.

AJ NEEDS TO GO!
Voleye View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voleye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 8:12pm
I have no problem with him having a gun. IF the report is true that he didnt  threaten him or make any threatening remarks towards the Duke employee.    Thats his right as a concealed weapon holder.   Stealing electric is another issue.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 8:28pm
Eye??? Go outside in broad daylight with a gun??? Give a break. There are loud sounds out side all day long no matter where you live!! Heres a thought....maybe AJ is rehearsing for an audition for a remake of Blazing Saddles!!!! He is a disgrace to this community!!! We already have too many black-eyes to try tp overcome! He needs to go and be with his drug dealing buddies!
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 8:29pm
Like Voleye said, having a gun is a non issue unless he threatened someone with it. 

Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 8:36pm
Tudor, Im not saying havinbg a gun is an issue. Running outside in broad daylight with a gun because you hear a noise is! Its Obvious he was on his toes for a reason!
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 8:38pm
Dont think the gun is a issue either,but putting a gun in a unstable persons hands is a different story.Whoever gave him a permit needs their head examined.
I like to know also with someone that dont have a job and only income is being on council how can they afford a house?For someone that owes money to the board of election and walks out on tabs make the common man say,"Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmm." Say it slowly and all together,Laundering.LOL
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 9:30pm
AJ acquired the house from a family member
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 10:47pm
A few comments. First, AJ Smith will not be charged, as he did not threaten bodily harm to the Duke employee and any "turn-off" would be easily remedied by Duke---its called a $75.00 reconnect fee plus his electric utilization.
Voleye View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voleye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 6:59am
[QUOTE=Smartman] Tudor, Im not saying havinbg a gun is an issue. Running outside in broad daylight with a gun because you hear a noise is! Its Obvious he was on his toes for a reason! [/QUOTE

Not to turn this into a gun issue.  But you would be really suprised how many people carry a weapon 24/7.  Not just in Middletown either.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 9:53am
Does anyone know what AJ does for a living?

I agree, I'm surprised at how many people carry guns these days. Watch out bad guys.

Originally posted by Voleye Voleye wrote:

[QUOTE=Smartman] Tudor, Im not saying havinbg a gun is an issue. Running outside in broad daylight with a gun because you hear a noise is! Its Obvious he was on his toes for a reason! [/QUOTE

Not to turn this into a gun issue.  But you would be really suprised how many people carry a weapon 24/7.  Not just in Middletown either.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 9:56am
Hey I am a strong supporter of concealed carry laws, and the only reason I haven't gotten my Ohio permit (I've been a past holder of both Florida and Pennsylvania permits) is that the times I am outside of my house generally I am doing something or going somewhere that doesn't allow concealed carrying.

But here's the problem - he was NOT CONCEALING the weapon. Running out of your house gun drawn at a noise is not a smart tactic. There are better ways to check out a noise without automatically escalating by coming out with gun in hand (which by the way is NOT concealed carry but open carry).

Also, one doesn't have to have a CCW permit to have a firearm in their home. But bringing it outside and brandishing it can be construed as inciting panic, or so I was told by a very nice officer a few years ago when they responded to my apartment building because a neighbor who didn't know me saw me showing my newly purchased shotgun to another neighbor on the porch as I got home from purchasing it and called the police.
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 11:12pm
open carry is allowed in ohio, not my way of carry because i think it can make you the target.and I never leave home  without my 15 round glock model 23 with TFO nite sights lol Wink..as for aj running out in the day time with a gun in hand was just plain stupid...im sure the cops had to tell him that..he should have called the law and said hey someone is disconnecting my elec im stealing.. ooooh wait a minute AJ is the law LOL
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by acclaro acclaro wrote:

N--what do you expect. I mean, there is a BOE member going on nearly 30 years now right? As Oz Turns, on and on.      

And who exactly would that be?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 6:19am
Originally posted by swohio75 swohio75 wrote:

Originally posted by acclaro acclaro wrote:

N--what do you expect. I mean, there is a BOE member going on nearly 30 years now right? As Oz Turns, on and on.      

And who exactly would that be?

Katie McNeill has been on the board forever. Since the 90's I think. Tyus has made a home on the board for many years also, hasn't he? No one wants the headaches so no one who would offer a choice for voters has run. The school board offers the same old tired ideas with no new revelations on the horizon as to ideas. Just keeps floating along with everyone conducting the same mundane business each meeting and paddling in circles. Hasn't been anything revolutionary from any board in the past 30 years. Must be a stepping stone for higher political aspirations ala Scott Nein.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 9:14am
Yes, Ms. McNeil has been on the board for a long time--1996 or 1997.  Not before then however.  She ran for Judy Thorn's open seat when Judy opted not to run for re-election.

But that's not what I was asking.  Nor was I attempting to engage in debt about someone's success or failures on the BOE.  Acclaro stated that there is a BOE member going on 30 years right now.  The last time I checked, 30 years would be 1981.  So I am curious who he believes has been on the BOE for 30 years.

TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2011 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by middletownscouter middletownscouter wrote:

Hey I am a strong supporter of concealed carry laws, and the only reason I haven't gotten my Ohio permit (I've been a past holder of both Florida and Pennsylvania permits) is that the times I am outside of my house generally I am doing something or going somewhere that doesn't allow concealed carrying.

But here's the problem - he was NOT CONCEALING the weapon. Running out of your house gun drawn at a noise is not a smart tactic. There are better ways to check out a noise without automatically escalating by coming out with gun in hand (which by the way is NOT concealed carry but open carry).

Also, one doesn't have to have a CCW permit to have a firearm in their home. But bringing it outside and brandishing it can be construed as inciting panic, or so I was told by a very nice officer a few years ago when they responded to my apartment building because a neighbor who didn't know me saw me showing my newly purchased shotgun to another neighbor on the porch as I got home from purchasing it and called the police.

Open Carry is perfectly legal in Ohio and most states (as it should be).  Even if he was carrying it openly, he did nothing wrong.  Had he done something wrong, they would have jumped to charge him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic