FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New School Facilities Proposal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
jsmith2011 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsmith2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 10:53am
No way... I agree with you....No way
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 7:13am
Today's Journal...

Middletown schools facilities plan to include community input

MIDDLETOWN — Middletown City Schools is trying to determine its future facility needs.

The district recently closed out the paper work completing Phase I of facility improvements made in 2007 that included building six new elementary buildings and renovating Amanda Elementary, formerly known as Rosedale, and Central Academy. Voters approved a bond issue to fund that project,

“We’re trying to get all our schools into the 21st century,” he said.

The existing Phase II of the plan calls for building a new high school at the current Verity site and remodeling the existing high school site into a middle school, Thompson said

GET READY FOR IT TAXPAYERS. THE GOUGING IS RAMPING UP.

SO, TELL ME, MILT THOMPSON, HOW'S THAT RETURN ON INVESTMENT WORKING OUT FOR THE TAXPAYERS WHO ALLOWED THE RELEASE OF 45 MILLION DOLLARS IN BONDS SO THAT YOU COULD BUILD NEW ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS WITH ALL THE LATEST GADGETS TO DO......WHAT? REMAIN AT CI......JUST LIKE WE WERE IN THE OLD BUILDINGS? I HAVE SEEN NO SUBSTANTIAL IMPROVEMENT AS WAS HYPED BY PRICE DURING THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE NEW SCHOOLS. WHERE ARE THE IMPROVEMENTS ON THE EDUCATION RESULTS WITH THE NEW CLASSROOM ENVIRONMENT/FACILITIES? SURE DOESN'T PRESENT A STRONG CASE IN YOUR DEFENSE FOR ASKING US FOR MORE MONEY FOR A NEW HIGH SCHOOL DOES IT? PEOPLE WOULD BE FOOLS IF THEY AGREED TO MORE SCHOOL BUILDINGS BASED ON WHAT WE HAVE GOTTEN FROM THE FIRST LINE OF CRAP. JUST PROVES A NEW ENVIRONMENT DOESN'T NECESSARILY EQUATE TO AN IMPROVED RESULT. PERHAPS DOING SOMETHING DIFFERENT IN THE OLD CLASSROOM WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE RATHER THAN BUILDING A WHOLE NEW CLASSROOM TO KEEP TEACHING THE SAME OLD WAY
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic