FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Word On The Street

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Word On The Street
    Posted: Oct 21 2011 at 4:49pm
I have been asking around and it seems that Presta and Nagy have a really good chances to make this election one to watch. I know where my vote is going. Anyone else?
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
warmandfuzzy View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warmandfuzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2011 at 5:18pm
I have heard the same thing. Clap But more than one person has remarked that they both need to get out and knock on some doors to introduce themselves. They're fighting "name recognition" here, and you can't do that without getting out there and meeting people on their turf.
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2011 at 6:25pm
It's like drinking Draft Beer, you'll regret in the Morning!!!  One ?-------------- Do You want the same Drama for anthor two years?
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2011 at 6:41pm
I predict a resounding defeat for both Presta and Nagy.
Not trying to be negative, just facing reality.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2011 at 7:03pm
I have only two criticisms for Mr. Nagy, and Mr. Presta. You don't apologize or say you did not want to run because the other candidate did not face competition. You say I am in the race to win because the other failed, and I can take it no more. I live in W3, and have no sign of Mr. Nagy anywhere, nor a posting since Monday when Mr. Mulligan told him to go pound sound.

As I don't live in W1, I can speak with the degree or lack of enthusiasm for Mike.

I would be interested if you have gotten feedback from each ward, and that Mr. Nagy is getting positive feedback. I do know everyone in W3 I have spoken with, across the board, have been very dissatisfied with the direction of the city manager and council.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2011 at 7:09pm
I have to say, and they were well coached, Mr. Mulligan, Mr. Mulligan, and Picard took no prisoners and went hard on the issues and what they had done, pontification aside of course. They had the one minute down to a tee. I was impressed with the communication clarity of Mr. Moore as well. Both Mike Presta and Paul nagy have to hit the streets, MUM, neighborhoods hard. Voters are not happy with the direction of the city nor council, but if you are in the game of politics just to compete, to give the other candidate a run for the money and don't give the impression you mind winning or losing, you are going to be defeated.

Ball in their court, hope they embrace it. If not, the direction going forward is laid out.   
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2011 at 7:28pm
Moore strikes me as someone with potential.  I'm not sure why he didn't run for the ward 1 seat.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2011 at 7:41pm
Agreed Mr. Moore sounded well, good on issues, and I like the way he went after Dan Picard on running for the 'at large' seat while still being in a ward that council would have to back-fill, and the added headache, if he won. Of course, MMF has that taken care of.

As I gear up for the fenwick/ Badin game tomorrow, speaking of Word On The Street, I heard Mr. Dillman is selling/sold his stores. Hope he stays around, while shuttling back and forth to Boca R. Can't blame him for selling them, better than the fate of the McGee's and IGA.     
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2011 at 3:02am

I hear what you people are saying, and I value your input.  Allow me to address your suggestions and concerns!!!

Warmandfuzzy posted:

“But more than one person has remarked that they both need to get out and knock on some doors to introduce themselves. They're fighting "name recognition" here, and you can't do that without getting out there and meeting people on their turf.”

Of course you are correct, and I understand this.  Unfortunately, I have physical limitations that preclude me from engaging in a “door knocking” campaign or I would have done so long before now.  This is not an excuse, it is just facing facts…and facing the reality of facts is something I do very well.  However, I do have a strategy that I believe will allow me to reach a large number of a key First Ward demographic as we go down the home stretch.

The ability to face the facts of difficult problems, analyze them, and then determine and implement the best solutions with the assets available was what built my reputation during my career.  That same ability is what I hope to bring to the table when I am elected to City Council to serve all Middletonians.

Middletown29 posted:

“I predict a resounding defeat for both Presta and Nagy.
Not trying to be negative, just facing reality.”

You are entitled to predict whatever you like.  We all are.  I speak only for myself when I point out that it is not “reality” yet.  As Yogi Berra said: “It ain’t over till it’s over” and I haven’t heard the fat lady sing yet.

Acclaro posted:

“I have only two criticisms for Mr. Nagy, and Mr. Presta. You don't apologize or say you did not want to run because the other candidate did not face competition. You say I am in the race to win because the other failed, and I can take it no more.”

Acclaro, you are correct.  I was speaking completely “off the cuff” and picked a poor turn of phrase.  The one minute time limit did not allow me to expand on the idea that I wanted to get across.  The point that I wanted to make is this:

I am not running because I wanted to be a City Councilman, per se.  I do not care about getting my name in the newspaper, nor do I care about seeing my face in pictures or about being on TV.  I’ve had my time in the sun…I have no desire for publicity or glory, nor for power.  I've had all of that stuff.

I just wanted someone with common sense, who will face our city’s problems head-on and do their very best to solve them, to be on City Council.  I wanted someone on city council who will put the entire city’s best interests ahead of their own, and who will not be influenced by money, outside interests, or powerful friends.  I wanted someone who would not cave in just to try to “get along”, but would “do the right thing” no matter how difficult it was for themselves personally.  When time began to grow short, and no such person had yet come forward to run for the First Ward seat, I decided to do so.  I had hoped that there would’ve been a bright, altruistic, principled, but younger, healthier person step forward willing to serve.  I would’ve gotten behind them and supported them fully.  There was not, so I felt a sense of duty to run myself.  But make no mistake about it:  I am in it to win it!!!

And remember:  I have accepted no contributions; I have no investments in Middletown (except my home); I have no employer to pull my strings; I don’t socialize with anyone at City Hall; and I have no clients to serve or to avoid displeasing.

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2011 at 3:18am
One more thing!!!

I hope to prove, for all who may follow, that you don't have to spend a small fortune to win a city council seat in a city of 48,000.

I think that I've spent less than $700 dollars and I plan to spend no more!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2011 at 5:25pm
I like Mike.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Kelly View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 7:02am
New Council Candidates:

Please go on Facebook and join the group "You Know You Grew Up in MIddletown Ohio if you Remember..." There is a big discussion right now about the turn of the city and there are those who are looking for new blood. May be a good forum to lay out your Plans before 2,450 members...most who reside in Middletown.

dot402001 View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dot402001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 4:11pm
In response to Kelly's post. We are trying to keep the group "You Know You Grew Up In Middletown Ohio If You Remember..." to memories and not politics or religion. Another group "Middletown Ohio's Great Debate" was fomed to debate Middletown and issues regarding Middletown. Please feel free to join both Groups. You will find a wealth of opinions and suggestions!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic