FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YOUR LAST CHANCE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YOUR LAST CHANCE
    Posted: Nov 05 2011 at 8:14am
                    SATURDAY   -   SUNDAY   -   MONDAY
               TUESDAY IS NOVEMBER 8TH
                           ELECTION DAY

Some of us waited until the last minute for you to step up to the plate and run for office but you didn't so we stepped up. We paid the fees,  we thought out the issues, we attended the forums, we put the issues on the table to educate all of the voters, we put out signs and we wrote articles . We listened to your suggestions, criticisms and some few nasty comments with no contribution on thoughful issues.
We received lots of encouragement from many of you. We have done what we can.
Have you done all you can? You didn't step up before but you can now.

THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE!!!!!

You can continue with the present government that has taken the city nowhere or you can change the city's direction. You can do it Tuesday at the ballot box. Will you?

Vote for new candidates that have new vision, goals and ideas to bring our city into the 21st century. Taxpayers can do that easily by not voting for any incumbents nor voting for those who are known candidates of MMF.

If you want local government that is open, transparent, accountable, will bring businesses, jobs and people, and where your voice is heard….. VOTE FOR PAUL NAGY FOR MAYOR.

The time for all of the baloney is over! It is time for you to act! You need to vote and get your family and friends to vote for new leadership. If Wednesday you left the same people in office its no one's fault but yours. You will deserve what you get.
You will not have anyone to blame or take the credit but yourselves. GO VOTERS!

Jack Black View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2011 at 9:48am
Mr. Nagy is Middletown's best hope to help bring honest, transparent and efficient government back to us.  I also support Mr. Presta and Mr. Kidd as well.  It's way past time to take back City Hall.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2011 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Jack Black Jack Black wrote:

Mr. Nagy is Middletown's best hope to help bring honest, transparent and efficient government back to us.  I also support Mr. Presta and Mr. Kidd as well.  It's way past time to take back City Hall.
Mr. Black,
Thank you for your support!!!  If elected, I promise to do my very best to justify your faith in me!!! Thumbs%20Up
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2011 at 8:37am
Block by block, 300 becomes 5800. Bummer more tax pizzas coming for Ward 2 to get the Health levy and Main Street get Ward 2 swap. Rather unethical for public officials to use their name and title to endorse a position or candidate, when salaries are also paid for others they don't support. The blocks own the message; the Journal, and who loves getting those ads more than Cox News.
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2011 at 10:01am
"Mr. Nagy, a few did not run not because they would not have been excellent candidates, they did not have the time. You did not have a treasurer, and you could have easily raised at least $3,000-$5,000 to put ads in the paper, have a crisp message. In debate 2, you said you ran for Mayor in 2007 because Mr. Mulligan was shy, but how much he had improved over his term.

This vicious cycle of the dominant quid pro quo, will be broken ONLY when money is unleased, strong candidates run, and the candidates organize to break the backs of the quid pro quo cartel. Another election, same results. So Mr. Nagy, don't blame the voter for lack of organization and fund raising that they did not do their job. Many were prepared in force, to give money, help with the campaign, but when you don't have a treasurer, it shows either you are pounding the streets and wearing out shoe leather, or just in to be contrarian. "

Acclaro,
       You are factless and wrong about almost everything.
        1. Lots of us don't have time but we ran anyway. You are wrong that time is an excuse for anyone. Most people on council are busy, busy people.
        2.  I did have a treasurer. You are wrong again! You don't know campaign law. I am the treasurer of my
campaign and the State of Ohio says so. So are other candidates.
        3.  You feel no responsibility in quoting any one correctly. What I said was that I ran agains t Mr. Mulligan in 2007 because I thought he was shy and withdrawn and I didn't think he could sell the city as it needed to be sold but since then he has gotten over a lot of that.   You are wrong again. This statement doesn't give any credence to your ranting. Try some other childish ploy.
         4. You need to apologize for saying that I said I blamed the voters for lack of organization and fundraising. Thats a pure outright lie, Acclaro. You are wrong again and you should apologize to me and the voters.
         5. You don't know who is helping with my campaign and you are wrong again! I also asked no one for money. I indirectly received $60.00 for my campaign and the rest I funded myself.      
         6. I have better things to do then to run just because I'm a contrarian. You are wrong again!  Anyone who knows me knows better. I waited until I was sure no one else was running and i was convicted that someone needed to get the issues on the table sor the public to see both sides.. So, I ran out of that conviction.  I've been involved with city concerns and politics a lot longer than you have. You never showed up all of these years until now. You obviouly don't take the time to get to know the candidates  and your presumptions are only exceeded by pompous rantings. Why don't you run for something? Oh, you said you're moving out of the city. Thats soooo helpful.
                Paul Nagy
jag123 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jag123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2011 at 10:44am
There are several people listed in Ann's and Larry's adds who do not live in Middletown.Confused
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2011 at 11:39am

My friends, friendly fire incoming....take cover.

Stanky View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2011 at 2:24pm
"I never would want the job, embarrassing to be frank. Maybe a launch pad to others, but glory ego doesn't come from "winning" in Middletown."

And the intelligent message is once again soured by superiority and condescension. And the 1% have spoken. Eat up your cake folks.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2011 at 3:19pm
"Politics is more dangerous than war, for in war you are only killed once."      -
          -W.Churchill

ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2011 at 6:49pm
The line for the LSD starts where? 
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2011 at 7:02pm

If I may, I suggest that we spend these last few days continuing as the loyal opposition—rallying the voters to our common cause.  Whether one agrees with the wording of his post or not, I believe that is what Mr. Nagy was trying to do with the first post in this thread.

Let us not forget that, regardless of the types of campaigns we have chosen to run (or why), the goal of the challengers and most of the poster on this forum is the same:  

A better city for ALL Middletonians sooner than could ever be possible by following the proven failed policies of the entrenched administration and their obvious cronies.

There will be plenty of time for Monday morning quarterbacking beginning on Wednesday.  It serves no purpose today.

What Middletown needs on City Council are some new, good people!!! 

Let us hope that the voters have the collective wisdom to discern between “good people” and “shrewd, well-financed campaigners”.

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2011 at 7:31pm
Thank you Mr. P. This thread isn't helping when making the case for change.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2011 at 8:36pm
Hot pizza taxes coming 1) Senior Citizens 2012  2) City 1.75% Renewal  3)  New Schools- 2013  4) 2.25%
 city pizza tax in 2014.  

MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2011 at 10:54pm
I've witnessed first-hand the arrogant, elitist behavior of Mrs. Gilleland and some City Council cohorts that are controlled by the MMF.  It matters much to the future of Middletown to elect Mr. Nagy, Mr. Presta and Mr. Kidd.  Now is a very inopportune time for any MUSA regular to harm the quest for a return to open, honest and efficient municipal government.  We have suffered too long at the hands of the inner-circle!
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2011 at 11:25pm

I agree that I, and perhaps some of the other “outsiders”, may not have run effective campaigns.  The only point that I am trying to make is that right now, and for the next two days, is not the time to discuss that:  It is too late to change it; there can be not “do-overs”; this is not golf, so we can’t take a mulligan (and we certainly don’t need another Mulligan  LOL LOL LOL).

I am simply saying that that win, lose, or draw, there will be plenty of time to critique our campaigns after Tuesday’s results are in.  There is nothing to be gained by doing it now. 

Right now, we need every vote that we can possibly get.  Pointing out our campaigning flaws won’t accomplish that.

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2011 at 11:46pm

Posted by Acclaro                                  Posted by TudorBrown

By the way, Acclaro, the picture of me that Tudor Brown posted on the "We Like Mike" thread was much more flattering than this picture of me that you posted above!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL   

(In case there is any doubt, I am just kidding...trying to lighten the mood down the homestretch!!!)
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2011 at 7:46am
Very proud to support Mr.Nagy and Mr.Presta, along with Mr.Moore and Mrs.Scott Jones.
Can't imagine why anyone would vote otherwise, unless they are satisfied with the status quo.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2011 at 8:19am
ObamaCare coming, costing $ trillions. No assurances or guarantees city won't spend that, and they get fed funds paying her salary.

Starve the Beast? Who fed the health levy? Status quo---pizza tax with no gained county efficiencies.
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2011 at 9:04am
Acclaro, would you mind explaining what you mean by the term "tax pizza?"
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2011 at 9:14am
Sure scouter. City and Company uses the cost of a pizza incessantly to justify the economics of the affect of a tax levy, in simple terms, a pizza. Ergo, a tax pizza on $100,000. is a "pizza."- $15.00 in Health as an example. So, to the voter, its only the cost of a simple pizza, a Tuesday special at Cousin Vinny's, vs reality it is about 6 "pizzas" multiplied over many issues, you get many pizzas.
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2011 at 9:25am
That makes more sense to me now, thanks.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2011 at 1:12pm
Voter turn out at 2nd Ward not as strong as expected as per pole workers.
Only Joe Mulligan friend working the parking lot.
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2011 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

Posted by Acclaro                                  Posted by TudorBrown

By the way, Acclaro, the picture of me that Tudor Brown posted on the "We Like Mike" thread was much more flattering than this picture of me that you posted above!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL   

(In case there is any doubt, I am just kidding...trying to lighten the mood down the homestretch!!!)

HAHAHA!!! LOL
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2011 at 3:56pm
What say the pole dancers?
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2011 at 9:06pm
Today is a big day fr all Middletonians and MUSA.
With the demise of organized debate/discussion on the tvm and mj, MUSA is the key source of info/opinion by most who try to follow community govt.activities.
Regardless of who wins 2nite, many issues and ?s have been brought to the surface.
Local govt.'s back is t the wall-- not much wiggle room, time fr real answers/action, and precious little $$ left to use.
Coupled with a low revenue future.

Obvious to everyone that the next Council/Admin had better hit the ground running in a new direction.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic