FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some hard questions...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2013 at 10:00am
MikeP....Oh well...maybe they'll throw up some of those "historically appropriate" junk auto hoods to make up for it!!!

Don't tease us with the notion that the car hood idea is still being entertained Mike. Being the arts lover that I am, I wanted to see those pesky Cohen car hoods on the PAC in the worst way. (SEE 409's photo idea in previous posts) Would have said so much about the rich arts heritage the downtown has been known for the last 5 decades. ....that and the velvet Elvis and "Dogs Playing Poker" paintings. Since the car hood idea won't happen at the PAC, perhaps 409 could give us a rendition of what a car hood attached to the new lighting would look like as we drive down S. Main St. Maybe the household name and street address stenciled on the car hood as well.......
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2013 at 7:33pm
Vet....I barely got away with this: Wink

Before starting on that, I may need to wait on this: LOL

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2013 at 7:24am
Oh boy! Help me here. I may be in deep crap. Several years ago, I had an addition put on the house. I contracted the builder and submitted the plans to the city and got a building permit. Had the city inspector out to sign off at completion. Should I have gotten a "Certificate of Appropriatness" for this also? No one told me when applying for the building permit that I would need this Marty Kohler sponsored/ historicalgroup/snobby form as well.   

Speaking of appropriate.....isn't it time these city 's packed their bags and moved out of town?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2013 at 11:03am
Yes,VV,It is time. Don't let the screen door hit you.........
wannaknow View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannaknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2013 at 1:04pm
Isn't there some type of legal entity that audits a city and their decision making staff. It seems like there are numerous almost criminal activities being done by our city leaders. Their real estate practices are out of control. Their favoritism affects everyone. I saw where a mayor in another state went to prison for choosing only a select group of contractors that were allowed to operate in the city. Does that happen here?
I know there are financial auditors and the city got thru all that via their moving funds from here to there. Why didn't the auditors find the secret money from no-where that the city finds when they need it? Are they allowed to be in the real estate market? I see that some of the council members are involved in some of the citizen projects which I think would be illegal.

Couldn't all these violations be presented in a clear and concise way and presented to someone in a higher power than the city to determine if anything illegal was being done? The majority of the people in this town could care less about the issues because they either are part of the elite group and get what they want or they are the ones who take the hand-outs and don't care. This is proven when it comes time to vote.

Then there is the small group of concerned citizens like us that care. What steps can be taken that will produce results?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic