FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gilliland Double Dip?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 4:30pm
Gilliland we be making over $250,000 a year in retirement and pay during her double dip.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 4:53pm
How is that possible. Well I'd love to double dip too if I could make that kind of money and never have to account for how I spend other people's money!!!
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 9:19pm
A LITTLE ENTERPRISE FUND SHELL GAME
Back in June or July of 2008, Ginger Smith told me that funding for her new position of Community Revitalization Director would be coming out of the city's Enterprise Fund.  This was necessitated by the fact that no CDBG or HOME Programs monies were available to pay for her new $90,000 salary (not including fringe benefits).  She asked that I keep this matter confidential as it was the decision of Judy G. and Russ Carolus.  Ginger added that they would be the ones held accountable if these dedicated Public Works funds were ever found out.

Ginger continued this funding arrangement until January 2009.  At that time she told me that I didn't figure in any plans for the department or city as well.  My employment ended effective January 20, 2009.

By the way, the salary and fringe benefits for her also transferred Senior Administrative Assistant were not paid out of HUD funds.  I presume that they also were secretly covered by Enterprise Funds.  Both of them had been paid from this funding source until the NSP-Round One grant was approved by HUD until later in 2009.

I just thought that MUSA participants would like to see one example of the financial shell game played by Judy G.  And,  as a footnote, my highest annual salary for the city was $57,000+.
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 9:20pm
I welcome Judy G. to refute my comments above.
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 9:21pm
It makes one wonder how many other "CREATIVE ACCOUNTING" tactics that Judy G. has been involved with since her arrival in January 2008?
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 2:22am
Old tired issue perplexed
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 6:27am
Originally posted by Middletown29 Middletown29 wrote:

Old tired issue perplexed

Perhaps 29, but very real to Perplexed. Question for you 29. If the same thing happened to you that happened to Perplexed, would you feel the same way? If it didn't happen to you, it is easy to criticize people who were wronged in the workplace and have a difficult time letting it go. My wife and I, along with hundreds more, were caught in the 1994 downsizing at P&G. P&G reported to the public that it was to "Strengthen Global Effectiveness" or SGE but in essence, it was to purge the company of people who had 10-20 years in, were pulling a decent salary, and costing the company money toward retirement costs through the acquisition of P&G stock. They do the "purge older employees and hire young new ones" program about every 10 years so they are not plowing alot of money into retirement costs. If you notice, P&G announces a "realignment" about every ten years or so.

My wife and I held bitter resentment toward P&G for years. Even today, we refuse to buy their products. We could both tell you some internal stories, not publicized by P&G, that would surprise you about the "squeeky clean company" they would have you believe they are. Not true to those who have worked there and know the internal games played. The book "Soap Opera" tells alot about the internal mechanisms of the company.

Perhaps Perplexed will someday just "let it go" for the sake of their health and emotional wellbeing. Our hatred over the years has diminished to the point that it is not foremost in our minds any longer. Hopefully, Perplexed will reach that point. We have found that "letting it go" eases the mind and, the truth is, as much as you want them to pay, you can't fight it. Too large, too much money and too powerful. So, you move on, chalking it up to another one of life's little injustices. In the end, it won't matter anyway.

Consider what they did to Perplexed. Consider how you would have responded, then consider why the anger, hurt and loathing may still be present. The bosses doing the damage are never the ones that understand the ramifications......and really don't care. The axeman has no conscience, morals, feelings or class. The axeman should pay, but never will. JMO
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 8:23am
In this instance the issue is not me.  It is simply one tangible example as to "CREATIVE ACCOUNTING" practices that Judy G. involves herself in?  By the way, Ginger Smith told Tony Marconi, Vivian Moon, me and whomever else that Judy G. was forcing her out of city hall.  She spoke to a lawyer about this prior to being transferred from Public Works to the new Community Revitalization Department.  We all witnessed how she suddenly retired shortly after she got rid of me.  I wonder what kind of severance package that she got?  A little less than a year later an employee of mine, someone who knew so much about waste and mismanagement of HUD funds from 2000-2006 was let go upon his 10th anniversary of service.  Was this another example of paying someone off?  Call what I say what you want, it merely echoes what is happening today under Judy G.
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 3:06pm
HUD Section 8 Investigation

A very reliable source revealed today that HUD will release its' findings on the state of the MPHA and the 1,662 authorized S8 Housing Choice Voucher Program no later than the end of this month.  Rumor has it that BMHA will be assigned to take over the administration of the program.  If so, Mr. Akins will have quite a problem on his hands if/when S8 administrative funds are no longer available.  An already hefty percentage of CDBG and HOME Programs funds are allocated for Program Administration as well as Program Delivery (very similar to Program Administration).
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 4:20pm
will Mr. Adkins lose some of his salary since he won't be administrating the HUD program if it is sent to BMHA?
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 6:18pm
It's anyone's guess as to what Judy G. will do.  It was only four plus years ago that his salary was about 55% of what it is now.  I guess that it pays to play Judy's game?
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 8:15am
Gilliland and Adkins should be gone.
What does city council do?
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 10:35am
I wonder what the cost of consultants, lawyers and staff time would be for the S8 fiasco?  As the Doogmeister once said at a city council meeting, "Give Me The Power And I Will Get Things Done!"  We are eagerly awaiting the verdict.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 12:53pm
I heard they were using HUD funds to pay for the HUD lawyer. How is that possible?
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 2:37pm
Once again, there's been so many lost opportunities to revamp neighborhoods and rejuvenate the local economy over the past 4.5 years.  Judy G. and Doug A. have so much to do with this predicament.  Oooops, I forgot to add Marty K. to the equation.  However, Middletown does have so much more green space now.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 2:48pm
Brown space
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 3:31pm
Gilliland is setting up Dougie for the fall.
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

Brown space

Brown hamburger, lettuce and bananas
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 5:27pm
seems like we are all being set up for the fall
City Council/Admin seems to think that laying off 8 police officers and breaking their pledge over govt.funding foe 4 officers is the answer

All Councilmembers and candidates will be ?ed as to their stance on this issue
All on board with this must be removed

jmo of course!
and of many others!

budget meeting in the city building next Thurs.
b there!
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 3:10pm
Makes you wonder what Gilliland has on council.
She gets anything and everything she wants
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 10:36pm

b there!
I cannot possibly make it to this meeting.  Will someone who does attend PLEASE, PLEASE post here what transpires??? 

Thank you in advance for doing so!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 9:44am
I don't think she has any thing on council members we just have such "wishy washy" people on council that they are easily brainwashed by Gileland. There is plenty on some council members that has happened in the past M Kohler knows all about that because he is part of it but he won't talk.Councils lack of knowledge on so many levels is why Gillelnd leeds them like sheep. Works good for her not so good for the city.
AKBobby View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKBobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 12:23pm

seems like we are all being set up for the fall
City Council/Admin seems to think that laying off 8 police officers and breaking their pledge over govt.funding foe 4 officers is the answer

All Councilmembers and candidates will be ?ed as to their stance on this issue
All on board with this must be removed

jmo of course!
and of many others!

b there!

laying off 8 cops is absolutely insane. Didn't we just have a big shooting on 15th avenue? Isnt the city full of heroin and drugs? Isnt theft up big time? Why are we even considering laying off cops? Wow. You have got to be kidding me.
AKBobby View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKBobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 12:24pm
And more important, didn't we just pass a PUBLIC SAFETY LEVY to make sure cops and firemen weren't cut?

Where is that money?????????????????????????????????????????
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 4:35pm
That's the question. Where is the money?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic