FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gilliland Double Dip?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gilliland Double Dip?
    Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 11:17am
Ran into a city councilman last night.
He told me Gilliland is requesting to retire and be rehired!!
After the November election of course!!!
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 12:02pm
Well that's not a problem. We have an opening for dog catcher in Middletown.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 12:57pm
Well now is the time for citizens to SPEAK UP and say we will not stand for her being rehired in ANY capacity!!! She doesn't want to be held responsible for this debacle with HUD Which is clearly her doing. Doug takes his direction from her. She IS the EXCECUTIVE DIRECTOR of MIDDLETOWN PUBLIC HOUSING that is the facts. So instead of working out a compromise with HUD her replie is to hold fast to no compromise. Only unless she can be promised there will be no charges filled will she talk. IMO it will be moved to Hamilton and Middletown will lose all that Gov't money. But I dought the vouchers will be reduced. So this was all for the feather in her cap but it may not turn out that way and that is what she's afraid of so she wants out to save face.IMO
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 2:20pm
Worst mistake this city can make at this time. She, Becker and Olson have done more damage to this city in the last three decades than one can imagine. Not only should she not be rehired, she should be urged to leave now, leave the city and never return. However, since council will be involved, and, knowing they rarily make the correct decisions for the city, I foresee her being brought back, ala the clown who brought her here in the first place, given a raise, and heading right back in the city manager's seat. Apparently, logic, competence, morals and progressive leadership are not in the job description for the city manager's position. Wonder how the members of council feel about being court jesters for the city queen and her entourage? How does it feel to roll over, fetch the stick, be walked with that collar around your neck and stand for your owners council? Pathetic.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 2:49pm
Once again, this commentary reminds of Jim Armbruster.  He told me in July 2008 that the worst mistake he made as a City Council member was to support the hiring of Judy G.  And, say what you want, it was David Schiavone and Tony Marconi who felt the same way.  If only these three men had succeeded in getting the help of Bill Becker to send Judy G. back to Pickerington.  She was not and is not properly qualified to effectively remedy the worsening problems of an ailing community such as ours.   The results of policies and programs such as what we've seen from Judy G. and the Doogmeister speak for themselves.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 12:00pm
I am told there is significant disagreement among city council over the retire rehire proposal.

Mulligans yes
Mort yes
Others not on board.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Middletown29 Middletown29 wrote:

I am told there is significant disagreement among city council over the retire rehire proposal.

Mulligans yes
Mort yes
Others not on board.

NO PICARD ON THE MORT/MULLIGAN TEAM? THOUGHT OLD DANNY WENT ALONG WITH THE PROGRAM FOR THIS GROUP. THAT LEAVES 3 ON THE MULLIGAN TEAM AND 3 ON THE SCOTT-JONES/LAUBACH/PICARD TEAM. WHAT ABOUT SMITH'S POSITION?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 2:12pm
Smith has resigned his seat.Dosen't our by laws prohibit retire and rehire in the same position? This is just the example of the Mulligans and Mort following like sheep. Don't care what's good for the city just what's good for them.I heard someone say they heard there was a petition in the works to ask for Judy's resignation and Larry's do to their lack of "fiduciary responsibility"but that applies to the majority of council. They all need to be dismissed. Laubaugh did try to warn them a couple of meetings back.Show me that petition so I can sign it!!!
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 2:23pm
May be we should call some of our elected officials and voice our displeasure at the thought of it.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by over the hill over the hill wrote:

Smith has resigned his seat.Dosen't our by laws prohibit retire and rehire in the same position? This is just the example of the Mulligans and Mort following like sheep. Don't care what's good for the city just what's good for them.I heard someone say they heard there was a petition in the works to ask for Judy's resignation and Larry's do to their lack of "fiduciary responsibility"but that applies to the majority of council. They all need to be dismissed. Laubaugh did try to warn them a couple of meetings back.Show me that petition so I can sign it!!!

A petition may be one option but will probably do very little when presented to the city officials. Alot of effort to be ignored. Before they start a petition, they might want to offer a recall list for all on council while passing around the petition. A recall would send a louder message and force action but would require a network of recall messengers to have all voters, in all areas of town, who are wanting to see change sign. That would trigger another election to fill the seats on council, but knowing the right people won't run to challenge, and knowing that the ones in now would run again, the situation on council would remain the same. Why stop with Larry Mulligan and Gilleland on resignations? Let's include Landen, Adkins and Kohler on those petitions also.

MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 3:59pm
Vet that's music to my ears
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 4:04pm
Well I wonder if it would wake them up that a lot of people are fed up with"business as usual". Or may by "we're mad as hell,and we aren't going to take it anymore"
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

...That would trigger another election to fill the seats on council, but knowing the right people won't run to challenge, and knowing that the ones in now would run again, the situation on council would remain the same.
The "ones in now" can't run again for at least two years., if they are recalled!!!

Per our City Charter:

ARTICLE VI, SECTION 2. RECALL

(b) Any person removed from office by a recall election shall not be appointed or employed by the City in any department of the City for a period of at least two (2) years from and after the date of such removal.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 6:07am
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

...That would trigger another election to fill the seats on council, but knowing the right people won't run to challenge, and knowing that the ones in now would run again, the situation on council would remain the same.
The "ones in now" can't run again for at least two years., if they are recalled!!!

Per our City Charter:

<BLOCKQUOTE style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=ltr>
<FONT face=CGTimes,Bold><FONT face=CGTimes,Bold>

ARTICLE VI, SECTION 2. RECALL

<FONT face=CGTimes><FONT face=CGTimes>(b) Any person removed from office by a recall election shall not be appointed or employed by the City in any department of the City for a period of at least two (2) years from and after the date of such removal.

NOW MICHAEL EUGENE PRESTA, YOU AND I KNOW, AND HAVE SEEN OVER THE YEARS WHERE "ADJUSTMENTS" ARE MADE TO THE CITY CHARTER AND THE LAWS OF THE CITY TO ACCOMODATE THE SITUATION. LES LANDEN IS A MASTER AT LAW INTERPRETATION ADLIB MANIPULATION AND WE HAVE SEEN IT USED MORE THAN ONCE. SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY, OLE' LES, WITH GILLELAND'S APPROVAL, WILL TAKE WHAT YOU HAVE STATED ABOVE AND MAKE AN END RUN USING THE LES LANDEN SCHOOL OF LEGALEESE AND HAVE THEIR PUPPETS BACK BEHIND THAT COUNCIL DESK BEFORE WE KNEW WHAT HIT US. THERE WILL BE NO ONE TO CHALLENGE THIS. NEVER IS. THE LAW IN THIS CITY ONLY MEANS WHAT IT SAYS IF IT FAVORS THE INTERNAL GROUP CURRENTLY RUNNING THE CITY. THAT "TWO YEAR RULE" WOULD BE AMENDED THROUGH "EMERGENCY LEGISLATION" WITH A REQUEST FROM ONE OF THE COUNCIL MEMBERS FOR A "FIRST READING ONLY" AS IT ALWAYS IS WHEN THEY WANT TO PUSH SOMETHING THROUGH TO PREVENT DISCUSSION.
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 9:00am
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 10:46am
Well bumper that's exactly what would happen here. But I guess we could let her come in then have her charged with fraud then she'd be gone for good. Well at lease city council knows we are watching.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 5:33pm
Council could care less about MUSA minions.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 5:40pm
That's O K. The word gets around.
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 6:46pm
M29 -

Minions is it?  I don't think so.

There's been a treasure trove of substantiated facts posted by MUSA participants over the past four years.  Some of the embarrassing topics include:  waste of federal funds, lack of a cohesive plan to rejuvenate older neighborhoods, dubious so-called downtown give-aways, arrogance of some senior city staff members, etc.

Judy G. may have USED Ginger Smith as the hatchet woman to get rid of me.  I knew too much about very questionable projects and mismanagement between 2001-2006.  Nobody from the city hall bunker has ever successfully contradicted anything that I've tried to share with MUSA participants.

Sadly, a couple of MUSA participants have chastised me for what that I have shared.  They heaped accolades upon Mr. Akins without really knowing what they were talking about.  Nobody has shared more factual insight into the inner workings of city hall.  I stand behind all that I said.  And, SpiderJohn, yes, I am on a vendetta to expose the waste and misguided policies and plans emanating from some senior city hall members.  I do not seek my former position or financial compensation for being forced out.

Take some time and read the older posts dating back to April 2009.  You may be enlightened.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 8:26pm
I don't doubt you at all, Mr.Self.
You witnessed lot of mess.
Take them down--go for it!

Don't be sad over how I view things--so many ways to look at things

many here and not here know a lot of things that we don't publish
btw--you aren't that enlightening

disappointing that m29 and you similarly make it so personal and subjective

jmo of course!
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 9:52pm
Just the truth.
Not personal
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 6:05am
Originally posted by Middletown29 Middletown29 wrote:

Council could care less about MUSA minions.

And I would imagine that the council people don't rate very highly with the MUSA people either, 29. Still, it is pure enjoyment finding fault with the 's, watching their dirty laundry being aired occasionally and discussing their repeated failures. I rather enjoy watching them in their pathetic mis-focused attempts at revitalizing this city, especially when they actually think they are on the right path. I'm waiting for the day when the whole crowd is taken down. Someday, they will go too far and anger the wrong people. When that occurs, and the dominos start falling, justice will have been served.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 11:23am
IMO I think it's hard when someone feels strongly about injustices they have witnessed and no one is listening.Some people feel compelled to try to "right" a "wrong".They shouldn't be chastised for taking a stand against injustice. We all have differing opinions. Sometimes the "whistle blowers" are proved right in the end.JMO
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 12:02pm
Nothing hard about it.
Most are limited in what they can do.

No chastisement from here either.
Not doubting that a lot of what is known/posted is accurate.

Don't care for being made a scapegoat by a few who can't achieve their desired results.
Some here seem to lose sight of the long-range goals and targets.
If you haven't figured out where I stand by now, then you aren't focused.

Jmo of course!
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 1:00pm
Spider I hope you didn't think what I wrote was directed to you it was meant in general only.as I said its all IMO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic