FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where Are The City Trucks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where Are The City Trucks
    Posted: Sep 26 2008 at 7:03am
Where are the city dump trucks and loaders to collect the branches by the curbs? We have a collection point at the mulch place on Cinn-Dayton road. Why haven't we seen any city street department people picking up the branches? They're not working on the streets. Where are they Ms. Gilleland and why hasn't your Public Works Director put them to work? After all, according to your department manpower(from information passed out at the street repair meetings), you have three equipment operators, a "working supervisor", an assistant director, a director and an admin. in that department. Surely we can get someone to do something, can't we? Please explain. Can we get something in return for the city taxes we pay?
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2008 at 7:30am
So Vet are you saying we have to many Chiefs and not enough Indians in PW.  Lets see 4 Chiefs to 3 Indians sounds about right for a City Government Dept. so what's your beef?LOL
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2008 at 11:48am
Oh, I guess I'm just a little snippy because I would like to see the Public Works DIrector and Assist. DIrector jammin' some dump truck gears and pickin' up some branches with a front end loader, then, breakin' for lunch, openin' that lunch bucket and havin' a bolongne sandwich with the guys. Maybe break a sweat with the workin' crew, don't ya know and waitin' for that hard earned paycheck.          
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2008 at 1:13pm
Vet I agree with you I see little need for all of this top heavy governement for a City such as Middletown at this time.  I have been thru 4 hurricaines and have always seen the city crews out picking up the large piles of debris, but here I have seen no one from the city period doing anything other than the Polcie and Fire.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic