FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What's up with Davey's Super Carry-Out?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The Resident View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Resident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's up with Davey's Super Carry-Out?
    Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 11:11am
Anyone been in Davey's in a while?  The shelfs are bare.  They don't sell Lotto anymore.  They used to have the freshest cheapest bread in town, now they sell 1/2 loaves of bread.  Anyone ever seen a 1/2 loaf of bread for sale before?  Weirdest thing I ever saw.

.308 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 11:42am
Are you saying their bread is not what it ought to be?
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 4:23pm
The bread at Davey's is no different than what you get anywhere else.
1/2 loaves are always in demand, however they retail for more than half the price. Still if you want to save a little and not waste bread, they are a sensible option. Everyone wants the ability to purchase the 1/2 loaf, though no one actually buys them.

Davey's is a long-time successful reatail staple in our community, run by a hard-working quality family. Times are very tough in all retail these days. Their situation is unfortunately very common. We have seen the family businesses fall by the wayside for the last twenty years. Everyone wants to whine about how tragic the loss is, and how much the businesses will be missed. Then they run out to the carboard box Walmart to save $.50 on something. People--you are only getting what you ask for with the closing of these neighborhood entities. Honestly YOU make these decisions.

If you can't figure the reason for their problems, then you probably wouldn't understand the answer.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2008 at 9:32am
Right on Spider.  All Retail is in Survival mode right now.  I suspect after the First of the year you will see mass closings/cutbacks of Retail shops nationwide.  I would be leary of getting Gift Cards from retail stores this year.
.308 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2008 at 11:27am
Not a week goes past that I don't do a slow burn inside when I hear that lousy Wall-Mart motto that says "Save money. Live better"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic