FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guitar Lessons with David Thornton

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
David The Guitar Tea View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David The Guitar Tea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guitar Lessons with David Thornton
    Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 9:27pm
I am a professional guitar instructor with over 26 years of playing experience. I offer lessons to people of all skill levels and styles. No previous experience is necessary. However, if you do have some experience playing a guitar, and would like to improve your skills, I can help. My advanced students study music theory, reading standard notation, advanced soloing concepts, classical guitar, jazz, etc.

My beginner students learn basic techniques such as tablature reading, common chords and how to use them in songs. I can help you play all of your favorite songs. I also will teach you the skill of learning a song simply by just listening to it.

My studio in Middletown is located in The Midd Commons Centre (The old First National Bank) on the corner of Central Ave. and Main St. The address is Gemini Music Studios 2 N. Main St.

I also teach at Moeller Music in West Chester on Cox Rd. (513) 777-7474. My rates are very reasonable.

Lessons will be scheduled for a half hour, once per week. The day and time of your lesson will always be the same. (Ex. Every Monday from 5 until 5:30.)

Payment for lessons is on a month to month basis. My hours are very flexible, so I'm sure that we can find a day and time that is convenient for you.

PAYMENT

Payment for lessons is due by the first lesson of the month. No partial payments will be accepted. Enrollment is a monthly commitment. No refunds or credits given if student drops out or if the student cancels a lesson.

CANCELLATIONS

If for any reason that I have to cancel a lesson, lessons will be made up or prorated .You will be notified personally if there is a cancellation. If the student needs to cancel a lesson, please contact me at least 24 hours in advance. If my schedule allows, I will offer a makeup lesson if we can agree on a time within the same month. I will not carry over makeup lessons to the next month.

MATERIALS

Every student must bring their own guitar to each lesson. I also ask that each student brings a folder with all previous lessons inside. I will provide a guitar amp and cable for your lesson. I recommend that every student has a tuner, metronome, music stand and guitar stand.

PRACTICE

Making the choice to take private lessons is a commitment that requires daily practice. My job is to teach the student how to practice the correct things to advance more quickly. Remember, several short practice sessions through the week are more effective than a few long sessions. Improving your guitar skills takes discipline. I look forward to helping all of my students reach their musical goals.

If you have any questions , feel free to contact me

MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 11:18pm
My business is also downtown. I see kids going into your place with guitars all the time.

What a great business for the down town area. You can cover Middletown and the surrounding area with your location. Many thanks to you.

Downtown Business Owner.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2008 at 9:50am
Welcome David! Do you have any photos of your studio?
Do you have any videos you would like to share? We have an embedded YouTube feature. See BBcodes below.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2008 at 12:43pm
Hey Dave welcome.
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David The Guitar Tea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2008 at 7:31pm

''You can play a shoestring if you're sincere.''
John Coltrane
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2008 at 12:07pm

Best wishes in the new year!

Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2009 at 2:02pm
Hey hows those guitar lessons coming?
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David The Guitar Tea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2009 at 9:45pm
Guitar Lessons for Christmas!!   Contact me soon if you would like more info about lessons
John Coltrane
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David The Guitar Tea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2009 at 10:00pm
John Coltrane
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic