FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunset Park to Get Upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sunset Park to Get Upgrade
    Posted: Feb 20 2009 at 10:57am
A part of the Middletown Pride in Action initiative, Keep Middletown Beautiful has instigated a complete redo of Sunset Park this spring. A comprehensive survey was done of all the needed improvements—from weeds to major tree pruning.  Steve Lewis has invited 6-8 area professional landscapers to join him in donating their time and equipment to perform the heavier and more intricate pruning and landscaping jobs that should be done by professionals.  Work has already begun on those elements.  Later, volunteer groups will each be assigned a specific project to complete the revitalization of this major park on Bellemonte Street by the end of April.

MIDDLETOWN PRIDE IN ACTION
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2009 at 5:33pm
I thought that Sunset Park was part of Merrell Wood's "My Park" project.
Wasn't it his group and Keep Middletown Beautiful that did all the work last year at Sunset Park?
MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2009 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Vivian Moon Vivian Moon wrote:

I thought that Sunset Park was part of Merrell Wood's "My Park" project.
Wasn't it his group and Keep Middletown Beautiful that did all the work last year at Sunset Park?

My employee and I was talking about that today.
We believe it was inside the pool fence? I remember seeing photos at the KMB winner's luncheon 2 years ago.
Jeff Michel worked on it I believe.

Not sure what My Parks did.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2009 at 4:09am
Originally posted by MadisonMom MadisonMom wrote:

Not sure what My Parks did.

Probably the same thing that Sam and Ann will do--Take the credit!!
LOL
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
kingair View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2009 at 4:43pm
Jeff Michel and Steve Lewis are doing this. Jeff is also landscaping the Fire Stations.Clap
Kigair200
2000+ View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 7:03pm
My Park through the Park Board adopted Sunsset last summer and will finish up their agenda this summer. The "Pride" thing will just take credit for what My Park will do with a church sponsorship. The Michele thing is orginated from the Keep Middletown Beautiful city efforts. 
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2009 at 10:28am
from weeds to major tree pruning....

This is a major upgrade?
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2009 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Jonathan Haller Jonathan Haller wrote:

from weeds to major tree pruning....

This is a major upgrade?
Everyone at City Hall seems to think anything like this is something to CEL-A-BRATE!!!
Clown Clap Cool Clap Clown
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic