FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAULT AT CEMETERY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2009 at 11:16am
Soooo!- after all of that dialogue, I have another question to ask from you folks, my learned collegues. How is this issue handled? When folks buy a cemetery plot to eventually be laid to rest, who owns the plot once they are buried? Does the plot remain with the family and revert to the survivors as owners, or, once deceased, the plot reverts back into ownership by the cemetery? If the decendants still own the plot, then I don't need permission from the city to do anything to said plot. I can remove the bush with no permission needed. Spider- you mentioned that I should just remove the bush and disregard the actions of the city as a consequence. Still undecided whether I want to deal with the city's crap as a result of my actions. That's what prompted the question on obtaining permission. Just don't want a cop car driving up when I'm busy chopping the bush down. Don't want to listen to a lecture from the cop about "overstepping my boundries".
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2009 at 12:49pm
Soooo!- after all of that dialogue, I have another question to ask from you folks, my learned collegues. How is this issue handled? When folks buy a cemetery plot to eventually be laid to rest, who owns the plot once they are buried?
Those that are buried there own the plot. The missing Perpetual Care Fund would have paid for the trimming and or cutting down the overgrown shrubs by the City.
Does the plot remain with the family and revert to the survivors as owners, or, once deceased, the plot reverts back into ownership by the cemetery?
If the decendants still own the plot, then I don't need permission from the city to do anything to said plot. I can remove the bush with no permission needed.
Vet since this is your family you can care for their plots and stone...however to be on the safe side if you will email me I will send the photo that you need to email to the City. You will need to contact Mari Lynn, Engineers Office at 425-7913 and get her to email you permission to remove these shrubs and carry it with you when you go to the cemetery if the cops stop you. Tell her the stone is located in the East Addition. She will look it up on my web page.
Spider- you mentioned that I should just remove the bush and disregard the actions of the city as a consequence. Still undecided whether I want to deal with the city's crap as a result of my actions. That's what prompted the question on obtaining permission. Just don't want a cop car driving up when I'm busy chopping the bush down. Don't want to listen to a lecture from the cop about "overstepping my boundries".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic