FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BLAH BLAH BLAH
    Posted: Jun 28 2009 at 11:17pm

I don't know how everyone one else feels but I am getting sick everytime I open the newspaper and see ann mort and her crock of bull  about how wonderful things are happening in Middletown,she is like a broken record. You never see regular citzen being interviewed about things that need to be addressed. This newspaper is so one-sided that it is not worth reading,if more people would start boycotting them maybe they would change their pony and dance act.

MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2009 at 11:34pm
So Ann is a daily article? I must be missing that column. I have no problem with positive news, the journal prints enough negatives about the city.

I want the Middletown Journal to NOT be a Hamilton Journal or Monroe Journal. If Monroe doesn't want anything to do with the City of MIddletown, then let them print their own newspaper.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2009 at 6:31am
Ahh, but Mom, the Middletown Journal is no longer about Middletown, but about surrounding communities like Hamilton and Fairfield. Notice on any given day, the stories offered on the Home page. There are many that ( I would imagine) most Middletown people are not interested in. The spelling has gone to he--. The grammar and punctuation has left the building and most of the content is nothing but "pulled off the wire" AP stories. There is absolutely NO investigative journalism in this newspaper and the writers are not nearly as good as they were 20 years ago. We took the Journal from 1985 until two years ago, then canceled. They keep calling and we keep telling them why we canceled when asked. I agree with Tomahawk in that the Journal is nothing more than a mouthpiece for the city leaders to use to communicate what the LEADERS want them to say. While I appreciate what Mort is trying to do, it is her constant "Mother Hen", "my way or the highway", "I want to run the whole show" approach that irritates the he-- out of me. She can come off like a nag sometimes. She is her own worst enemy in attracting people to participate.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2009 at 7:07am
When I talk with Mrs.Mort, she is very open and honest about everything.
She portrays a positive public image because it is a sensible direction to follow towards encouraging public participation in certain areas.

Maybe you should get to know her a little better.

Maybe you should put together a political slate that would garner enough support to put new faces in charge.

the "blah blah blah" goes both ways, ya know?
Smokey Burgess View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Burgess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2009 at 7:11am
Once again, you speak the truth Viet Vet!Clap

Thanks for your willingness to say what needs to be said.Star

Sadly, we have a MANAGED LOCAL PRINT MEDIA in Middletown!Cry

Say it 'aint so Ed??Confused
Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2009 at 8:19am
Tomahawk>    I agree with you 110%, what ever she says the city busts there hump to go along with her. She thinks she owns Middletown. But I have news for her she does not own me, nor does the so called city leaders.
AKBobby View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKBobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2009 at 8:22am
Ann means well, but she has rose colored glasses. I did gain some respect for her when she supported Steve Price's ouster!
AK - What is going on with that?
Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2009 at 8:28am
Good morning Smokey how are you feeling today? I am not doing to good but I make myself keep going. I have a truck load of clothes and shoes to take to the homeless shelter today.  Iam still trying to do gods work, I will till the day I die, that makes a better city to live in.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2009 at 11:55pm
Spider, Blah,blah,blah does go both ways but in our case ours aren't allowed in the daily paper  where the whole community can read because they ( good old boys) don't want to be bothered by people who sees and knows this town has just about hit rock bottom under their leadership. In reality, if one is not in their circle of friends or donaters then you are just looked at as a problem. We can go down tomorrow nite and talk all we want too but I doubt it will do any good because people alot smarter and who have been in this town longer than me have already addressed the same problems for many years and anyone can see the results of their imput.
You or anyone else can call me negative but any way you spin it, a spade is a spade and  no words will change it to a heart,club,or diamond. They don't want people to know how bad  a situation this town is in and I have even seen signs of this on this board, for example when John and Jonathan first started they were for this board to be a positive feed on this town and yet over time they have listened and seem to be stun on the info that has been discuss here and there seems to be a light bulb that has come on relating to their opinion of certain unsavior ways that this town is being ran. ( JUST MY OPINION)
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2009 at 6:18am
Madison Mom, I  never said that I read this paper everyday.
MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2009 at 11:33am
So, T, how many times a week do you read the paper?
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2009 at 10:26pm
Mom. I read a total of 12 papers per week and only on Sunday do I read the MJ because I work at WPAF and the Dayton Daily is a exact copy of MJ without the small bits and pieces of Middletown's poor reporting. When I say a flea can pull a wagon full of hay= hitch him up.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2009 at 10:59pm
Spider, My slate would include you as one of the new faces to help turn this town around and I say this with the upmost respect. I also think we need a mixture of people which would include the lady from Highland St. who spoke out at the meeting tonight, her sincerity and interest in this town added to someone like you and Merrel Woods would be a good starting point. I watched tonight and was not impress with the lack of concern, constant snickering, eye rolling,and total lack of input of two of the council members who sat side by side tonight.
I also seen the gap between the higher echelon and common folks when the gentleman stated that running for council wasn't a cost problem when most families are struggling to just put food on the table and pay bills.
Libertarian View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libertarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 7:16pm
Steve, are you still of the same opinion regarding Ann Mort?
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 7:55pm
wow--my post was almost 4 years ago!

I still respect and like Mrs.Mort.
She has done a lot for this community and hasn't recievesd much in return other than a lot of thank-yous.

That being said, I have become disappointed with her run on Council, and wish that she had not decided to seek another term. She has become another "yes" vote for whatever lunacy comes out of city Admin, along with Mr.Picard. I would like to see two new younger faces on the next Council.

I hope that Ms.Bronston is the top vote-getter!

So--yes--I still feel the same way about Mrs.Mort, Mr.Self
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 6:27am
Never have talked to Mort face to face but have heard her speak and noticed her tone of voice, her mannerisms and her approach. Just seems to come across as the forceful old school marm that would enjoy nagging anyone in her path and lets insistent intimidation work for her. Just gets old hearing some of the city mainstays proclaiming rose-colored news. Sometimes the glass is only half full, no matter what angle you view it. It is what it is no matter how you spin it. That's reality. JMO
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic