FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Q And A With Tony Marconi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2009 at 5:39am
Originally posted by Alien Alien wrote:

I have been away on a mission with the Mothership, but have been following the venomous comments on nearly every topic. I am constantly amazed at how quickly most of the bloggers attack anyone who tries to make the City a better place. Anyone can be negative - it is much more challenging to be a positive force.

I have one suggestion for Mr. Marconi - never wrestle with a pig, the pig enjoys it and you will get dirty!
Alien!!! How nice to see you back!!!   I hope that you had a nice "trip".

We've been patiently waiting since April (or was it March?) for you to get back to us to clear up the Moving Middletown Forward fiasco, since you implied that there was "evidence" of two different and seperate groups.

And what about the news that the flyers were discovered in the City literature rack in City Manager Gilleland's very own reception area???  That was a kick in the butt, wasn't it??? 

We can't wait for you to clear all of this up for us.

We are waiting!!!  Let me know how I can help.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Alien II View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alien II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2009 at 8:04am
Mr. Presta,

So happy to hear you missed me.  With regard to he MMF concerns, please note the following:

• Middletown Moving Forward is the Community Improvement Corporation (CIC) for the City of Middletown.  It is a public / private partnership made up of 4 City appointees and 6 Business appointees, with the purpose of promoting economic development for the City.  One tangible result of these efforts is the Paychex building (real jobs!).
  • Moving Middletown Forward was the name of the group that Nick Kidd and others formed about three years ago just prior to his run for Council.  Nick held a couple of meetings and I recall that at least one of them was held at the old Montgomery Ward building and was televised by TV Middletown.

You asked how you could help - how about throttling back on the constant diatribe of negative comments about Middletown and put your efforts into working with the groups (and there are many) that sincerely want to make this City a better place.

It has been a pleasure communicating with you - I am off for more intergallactic adventures. 

Your Alien Buddy
Nick_Kidd View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_Kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2009 at 9:23am
Alien II you are incorrect about my group being called Moving Middletown Forward. My group was called Citizens To Save Middletown. We were trying to stop the corruption and incompetance that lead to Middletown becoming the fastest dying city in the country with a population under 100,000. We were trying to get Middletown Government to be business friendly, to help our citizens (instead of punishing people for living here) and to keep our streets and other infrastructure in repair (instead of stealing the money out of the "Auto & Gas Fund" and the fund to seperate the combined sewers downtown.) We were trying to get our government to use CDBG money to actually help our citizens (especially seniors) and to help some of our poorer nieghborhoods (instead of using it for payroll for more employees that help Middletown win their race to the bottom.)
Government is not the answer to problems, government is the problem.
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2009 at 10:55am
Nick .................................... ClapClapClapClapClap
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2009 at 11:36am
Nick_Kidd

ClapClapClapClapClap

Now that sounds like a plan of action I could get into !!
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2009 at 11:37am
I was there at the old Montgomery Ward building meeting Nick. I remember you had around 50 people of so who attended. Too bad it didn't continue to prosper. We tried to start one at the Library a year or two ago. Didn't do well. Typical citizen apathy. Mad as he-- at the city leaders but won't move their butts off the couch on a Sunday afternoon to talk about how to combat the inner circle.

Rather than attempt to start a group to oppose the leadership, we might want to organize a group to start a newsletter to all Middletown homes to tell all what the real agenda is in this city. Would need writers/ reporters, someone good at research (Mike P., Pacman, and Rail Fan), someone who is good at setting all this up on the computer, a way to cheaply get 50 thou printed, and a whole host of delivery people in all wards of the city to make it work. Since the Journal isn't going to tell both sides of a story, the newsletter might provide the side that people are never aware of. The Journal seems to have demonstrated that they are content to report what is in the best interest of city leaders and never mentions the downside of their actions. Maybe the newsletter could point that out to people. Just a thought. Anybody?
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2009 at 11:44am
Hey Vet maybe we can get it included in the water bill.Thumbs%20Up
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2009 at 11:47am
Oh yeah! the city leaders are going to let us place a newsletter pounding on them in along with the city water bill and then ask them to pay for the postage to boot! Well sure! Think they could be persuaded?
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2009 at 11:56am
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

I was there at the old Montgomery Ward building meeting Nick. I remember you had around 50 people of so who attended. Too bad it didn't continue to prosper. We tried to start one at the Library a year or two ago. Didn't do well. Typical citizen apathy. Mad as he-- at the city leaders but won't move their butts off the couch on a Sunday afternoon to talk about how to combat the inner circle.

Rather than attempt to start a group to oppose the leadership, we might want to organize a group to start a newsletter to all Middletown homes to tell all what the real agenda is in this city. Would need writers/ reporters, someone good at research (Mike P., Pacman, and Rail Fan), someone who is good at setting all this up on the computer, a way to cheaply get 50 thou printed, and a whole host of delivery people in all wards of the city to make it work. Since the Journal isn't going to tell both sides of a story, the newsletter might provide the side that people are never aware of. The Journal seems to have demonstrated that they are content to report what is in the best interest of city leaders and never mentions the downside of their actions. Maybe the newsletter could point that out to people. Just a thought. Anybody?
I really like this idea of a news letter. I would love to see a MiddletownUSA.com logo some where on it to let people know they can come here and discuss the issues in your news letter. Maybe I can help in getting this started .. If you are serious of course.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2009 at 12:22pm
Vet they got persuaded to more than double the Section 8 Housing program didn't they, to the detriment of us all, although they don't see it that way they just saw the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for salaries.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2009 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

What qualifies you to represent your ward

I was born and raised and Middletown. Attended Catholic school and Middletown High School. I am 52 years of age. My wife Bobby and I were married in 1983. One grown son married to Angie which is like a daughter to us. Three grandchildren – Talia 7 – Olivia 6 on Oct 7, and Evan Anthony 3 years of age. I have one pet dog named Vinny.

President of Marconi Construction Co. which has been serving the local area for over 30 years. Being a business owner and being involved in other businesses over the years has been a great asset in order to serve on council. I know what it takes to create and retain jobs. Being in the construction industry has allowed me to work within a government setting with all the government regulatory agencies, such as State government, municipal governments, cities, counties, townships, zoning, planning, engineering, building depts., Corp of Army Engineers, Ohio and Fed EPA, etc. My business background and experience has been a great help to prepare me for city council. I can sit face to face with a start- up company or a large corporation and understand their language and help to cut through the bureaucracy to help them succeed in our city.

But Tony, the bureaucracy has gotten worse and worse on your watch!!! If you truly understand all that you say you do, how could this have happened???

I understand the issues and have been working within the system to insure that our vision of the city is met. The current council that I am a part of is addressing all the tough issues. If the voters return me for a second term, I am well qualified as a result of my current business and council experience, the accomplishments to date and the knowledge and experience to continue to bring stability to our city.

It still isn’t clear exactly what that “vision” is, and it is certainly debatable whether or not the current council actually is “addressing all the tough issues”!!! When are they doing this…during meetings outside of the public’s view???

As for continuing “to bring stability to our city”, we presently are “stable” at or near the BOTTOM, and the entire city has been declared a poverty area!!! I can’t see the wisdom of continuing THAT “stability”!!!

Where would you like to see the city in the next few years.

The top priority would be to continue with our economic development strategy and partnerships. We will continue to pursue the new technology jobs, medical and bio science jobs, research and development jobs, etc. We also want to strengthen our current base of employment . We are well poised for new growth as our economy is slowly turning around. I also want our city to stay on top of our fiscal conservative policies and keep a health unencumbered reserve fund. We must stay on the path of a strong public safety program.

Exactly what is this current “economic development strategy”??? Planting flowers??? And what are these “Partnerships”??? Al Neyer and the “right architect” that Kohler seems to like to try to force on folks??? Or is it water features, clock towers, multi-million dollar gateways, and city government mandates against private businesses???

And as for a “strong public safety program”, even though the PEOPLE voted for an INCREASE of roughly $2.5 MILLION per year, the council has NOT authorized an INCREASE in manpower of even ONE PERSON for either police or fire departments! Can YOU explain what happens to these MILLIONS each year???

We must continue to reorganize city hall for the most efficient and cost effective means of services for our citizens. I have been very vocal about bringing change for our Section 8 program and our property maintenance code enforcement programs to clean up the blight and demolish buildings. We are making a difference with these programs and reducing vouchers and implementing tougher standards and regulations.

According to law, council can ONLY do this by passing legislation. They can NOT do it by administering the CONSOC contract or by directly supervising public housing!!! With the vast experience that you noted above, you should be able to understand this.

Streets must remain another top priority and this year is the most street work we have had for several years.

If streets are a “top priority”, please explain why we are paving allies and bike paths instead of streets with CBDG money. NO ONE has EVER actually explained any logical rationale behind paving an ALLEY instead of a STREET!!!

We will continue to leverage as much State and Federal money to help our street program and the city to put a small local share. Look at the new I-75 interchange – a 110 million project that the city only had to contribute six million as our share.

Breiel Blvd from Manchester to Riverview is undergoing a major reconstruction to the original base. University from Nelbar to Manchester is slated for 2010 as is Stuphin Street. Cincinnati-Dayton road from the Monroe Corporation to Coles/Central Avenue has been expanded and totally rebuilt and a new bridge by Fires Station #2 just completed. Council began an annual Spring Blitz road repair pavement program in 2007.

Regarding the Breiel project, is just going to the “original base” enough, or is that penny wise and pound foolish, as was TEARING OUT a portion of the above-mentioned “totally rebuilt” Cincinnati-Dayton Road to install the new bridge???

What is your plan to replace businesses that Middletown has lost.

New jobs and job retention is our number one priority. We will work our economic development plan to make Middletown attractive for business. We will take advantage of brown fields and land banking in order to expedite development. Aeronica and Midwest Services are two huge examples of brown fields and Ohio Clean Fund money being used for clean up, expansion, and job creation. We all know about Atrium Medical Center being the East End catalyst but we tend to forget about all the other successes with new development and jobs.

I get very upset when all I hear is people saying we have done nothing. That simply is not true. Keep in mind that the whole country has and is still going through a major recession and Middletown is not any different than anywhere else. Here are the facts and a small sampling. Starting with Atrium Medical Center, I can think of PAC National 350,000 sq ft facility, PayChex (the city in partnership with AL Neyer, Inc. received a 2.16 Million dollar grant through the Ohio Job Ready Sites Program for the construction of a 40,000 sq ft “Smart Office”), Innatech, Ventilex, Bio Life Plasma, Quaker Chemical completion, Dayton Children’s Hospital, the new Atrium YMCA, several office/industrial buildings along Cincinnati Dayton Road, The Kroger Market Place, Drury Inn, Medical Office Buildings along with the Oncology Center, Wausau Papers investment of 31 million in the downtown facility, Renaissance CVS, Inn at Renaissance (assisted living), Avalon by Otterbein, the new Senior Citizens Center on Central, Hospice of Warren County in East Pointe 200, the Towne Mall out lot redevelopment with Cincinnati Bell, National City Bank, Aldis new prototype store, Walmart and Kroger expansion, SunCoke 340 million facility. And the list can go on and on. Please do not tell me that we have not done anything. We have created new jobs, retained jobs and expanded our employment base. Our plan is to continue our aggressive policies and expand our economic development program.

HOLD the PHONE, Mr. Marconi!!! Are you trying to tell us that Atrium and all of the other items mentioned by you above are the result of the efforts of the administration while YOU were on city council??? Also, much of this development is solely the result of being the LAST bit of real estate available at an interchange on I-75 between Cincinnati and Dayton!!! Perhaps you SHOULD be explaining why Middletown is the LAST to be developed!!! Could it be because of our City Hall’s ANTI-business attitude and Mr. Kohler’s myopic, “show no business” vision for our city???

Mr. Marconi, YOU are in the construction industry. YOU claim to have the knowledge and experience. Tell us how much all of the silly dormers, wall breaks, roof-to-wall ratios, up-scale material mandates, screenings and similar silly unneeded architecture add-ons and restrictions really cost a business to come to business UN-friendly Middletown!!!

And as for the Seniors’ Center, it appeared to me as if council did everything in their power to THWART the Seniors’ plans. First, council turned the Seniors DOWN when they offered a couple of HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS for the Swallen’s building, their first choice for the new center, which would have had apartments for seniors on the upper floors. Then the council REFUSED a TIF for the Seniors, then used the groundwork that the Seniors compiled to GRANT TIFs to the WEALTHY areas of Renaissance and other City Hall FAVORITES!!! This resulted in a SCALE BACK of the Seniors’ Center on Central, including the deletion of a satellite POST OFFICE.

How would you begin to repair and strengthen our relationships with the surrounding communities.

Overall we have a great relationship with our neighbors. I do not know why there is a perception of us not getting along with our neighbors.

Just a guess, but perhaps it is because we always seem to be involved in law suits with them???

Or maybe it is because we always try to TELL them whose roll will be what in any kind of partnership of joint venture.

It simply is not true. All of the surrounding jurisdictions are looking out for their citizens that they represent and rightfully so. We have very good solid relationships with our surrounding counties and cities. Our city manager Judy Gilleland, the Mayor and Councilman Becker are very involved with Warren County officials and the Warren County Municipal League.

I am very involved with our Butler County officials and State and Fed Representatives and Senators.

Good for you!!! Such contacts and relationships will come in handy when you seek higher political office.

I worked with our city manager to contact John Boehner’s and Senator Sherrod Brown’s office to get our railroad crossings fixed. It is about building relationships. Of which our current council is doing.

Yes, we understand that politicians must work together to FIX things!!!

All of council and our city dept heads (including our manager) have different degrees of relationships with all of our neighbors including Monroe. It simply is not true about having bad relationships with any local, county, state or federal agencies or officials.

What would you like to see happen to the downtown area?

Downtown Middletown has several focal points that we can build upon. I think the first thing we need (and we are addressing this issue) is to aggressively tear down buildings that need to go. The Swallen’s building and the parking garage needs to be demolished. The old Orman Building on Verity needs to be taken down also. We have the funds available in the downtown fund and I made it very clear a year ago that it must go. I am afraid that the money will get spent for other issues and we will still have the eyesore twenty years from now.

Swallen’s Building??? See above!!! I can certainly understand why you and the rest of council would NOT want a bunch of seniors LIVING and visiting downtown nearly EVERY DAY!!! Why, the ones living there would probably prefer to SHOP, EAT, and FILL their PRESCRIPTIONS right there in downtown, and you wouldn’t want that, would you???

So, instead of GAINING a couple hundred grand from SELLING it to the Seniors, SPEND a couple hundred grand tearing it down!!!

BRILLIANT!!!

I like the concept of downtown being a destination point with different venues, food establishments and housing. One of the key things that council has done in the past two years is to update and change the downtown zoning to accomplish our vision and goals. As you know we established different zoning districts starting with Urban Core Central and all the guidelines on what can be located in each district.

Great job!!! Now you have NARROWED the available locations for jobs just like the ones that USED to be in the EXACT SAME LOCATIONS. At least it will fit your boy’s flawed vision of Ye Olde Tyme Utopia (except no blacksmith shoppe).

Miami University is heavily involved with the Downtown Middletown Revitalization project. It is going to take private enterprise along with some Public/Private Partnerships and the City Of Middletown to help in any incentives, etc. The economic development dept is active with downtown and we have several irons in the fire.

Get the irons OUT of the FIRE downtown!!! The new zoning that YOU voted for no longer allows such enterprises!!!

The most recent is a possible partnership with Cincinnati Tech for a culinary and hotel management school concept. We do have a good core downtown with the city building, the Manchester Inn, Fifth Third and First Financial, Miami University, The Journal, Beau Verre Stained Glass, Governors Square, The Art Central District and foundation, Main Street Historical District, the library, the airport, Smith Park, Churches, and several independent businesses. This past summer we instituted police bike patrols and it was a great success to help clean up some problem areas.

I notice that you didn’t mention a RESTAURANT in this “good core downtown”. Was that an oversight?

What are your thoughts on Middletown’s section 8 situation and what would you like to see happen.

Council has already made big strides in our Section 8 program, especially this past year. We have totally reorganized and revamped our Section 8 program from the administrator, to city staff, to implementing strict criminal background checks, strict housing code enforcement standards and inspections, and are currently redoing our Administration Plan to be submitted to HUD, hopefully by year end. We will aggressively not tolerate the rules be broken and will kick people off the program that do not comply.

We have instituted monthly reports from Doug Adkins our Director of Community Revitalization. Doug has been a godsend to the department and his aggressive implementation of procedures, processes and reporting to Council has been remarkable. Council has taken an active role as The Middletown Public Housing Board and will have a public meeting monthly. We have gone from a high of 1,662 vouchers to 1,542 as of August 31, 2009. Given time, the number of vouchers will decrease. Keep in mind that we have at anytime approx 650-700 citizens on vouchers that are disabled. The Sub-Committee of Housing (of which I am a member) has taken an active role in changing Section 8. It will be a model program when we are completed with all the changes and the vouchers will be reduced as we go forward.

I will hold my nose and reserve further comment on this topic.

Tell us how you would handle the city’s budget concerns?

Council is on top of the finances and budget. A direct proof of this has been our ability to currently have close to a 25% reserve unencumbered fund. Since I have served on council, it has always been a top priority to maintain a balanced budget with at least a 15% reserve. The national recession has hurt our whole country and our income. It is very difficult to balance the needs of the community with the necessary essential services with declining revenues. Our current budget talks are going to be the most difficult since I have been on council.

Mr. Marconi, I respectfully disagree. I doubt that all of council is even “on top” of the General Fund, let alone the entire $125,000,000 to $150,000,000 city budget. I submit that council has NO IDEA how much money is in other funds that could be used for general fund expenses or how much general fund money gets used for other items. I doubt that all of council could, individually, explain the “Public Safety Payroll Tax Increase” boondoggle accurately. I doubt that ANY of council members could say how many city officials could face felony jail terms if Middletown’s finances were ever truly completely examined by an impartial auditor.

We must cut an additional one million out of our 2010 general fund as our revenues continue to shrink. We started being proactive several years back. We started cutting in order to maintain our minimum 15% reserve unencumbered fund. We are currently working through an economic reorganization at city hall (what departments need to stay, what needs cut or modified, what can be contracted out, furloughs, reduced hours, layoff, concessions, & regionalization). Currently everything is on the table to be looked at for possible savings.

In your opinion, what is the biggest problem that needs addressed in Middletown and how do we repair it?

Frankly, friends, there is nothing wrong about Middletown, that can’t be overcome by what is right about Middletown. All of our issues facing our city are in some way, shape or form interconnected. I have worked hard to tackle the tough issues and move Middletown forward despite difficult economic times. I have helped to create jobs for our city with companies locating to Middletown as stated in question number three. Council is addressing the tough issues.

“Move Middletown Forward”! There is that pesky term again!!! You have referred to it as a “wacky conspiracy” in the past. You people at city hall all seem to sure that this is “some other group”, but at the same time NONE of you seem to know anything about this “other group”. The FACT is that there ARE flyers. The FACT is that they were found in the literature rack in the City Manager’s reception room barely five feet in front of her receptionist. Yet, NO ONE has explained or even addressed these two FACTS!!!

I am proud to serve on council and have the current experience and knowledge to maintain stability to our city finances and continue to grow our tax base through jobs and economic development. Having served one term on council during one of the most struggling times in history, is a huge asset as we come out of the recession and are poised for our next round of growth. As I like to refute the Forbes negative article about my hometown: I have said this numerous times around town “Middletown is not a dying city but a CHANGING city for the better”

Sorry, Tony, but this shows why you should NOT be re-elected!!! First, we should NOT “maintain stability” at the bottom. Next, we cannot “continue to grow our tax base” until we first BEGIN to grow our tax base!!! You, yourself, state above: “We must cut an additional one million out of our 2010 general fund as our revenues continue to shrink.” If we CONTINUE the policies of the past four years, our tax base will continue to SHRINK!!! We need CHANGE, not a continuation of the same old, tired, failed policies of the past!!!

And, yes, as you state, Middletown is “CHANGING”, but it is changing for the WORSE!! Our streets continue to deteriorate while YOU pave allies and bike paths, which will make the unavoidable repairs ultimately exponentially more expensive. Our poverty rate continues to increase. The unemployment rate continues to rise. The median income continues to fall. The number of vacant and unoccupied and foreclosed homes all continue to rise and many of them are destined to end up on the Section 8 rolls.  Crime continues to rise, as do fire calls and trip times to the emergency room, yet council refuses to authorize more manpower.

Middletown cannot BEGIN to CHANGE for the better until we BEGIN to change the same old, tired, failed policies that have caused, and CONTINUE to cause it to DECLINE!!!

Mike I forward you post here to Mr. Marconi, and asked him if he would read it and maybe respond to your questions. I think you bring up great points. I hope he does. We shall see, I will let you know
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2009 at 8:59pm
Randy,
He may "respond", but I seriously doubt that he will be able to either "answer" or "rebut" my comments.  Also, if it took him SEVEN WEEKS to answer your questions, it will take him at least seven MONTHS to intelligently respond to my comments (especially the Seniors' Center boondoggle, the Public Safety tax shell game, and the MMF flyers in the City Manager's office disgrace.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2009 at 11:47pm
Maybe not Mike! If he gets Auntie Ann involved we may have answers tomorrow! Remember it will be all sugar plums and fairy tales!!LOL
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 4:01am
God bless you Murdock.
Murdock View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murdock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 11:58am
Are you off your meds, Rail Fan!?!?  You have got to be the most paranoid, bitter former employee from ONE DONHAM PLAZA!!!!!!!!!!!Cry
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 12:30pm
God bless you Murdock.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Murdock Murdock wrote:

Are you off your meds, Rail Fan!?!?  You have got to be the most paranoid, bitter former employee from ONE DONHAM PLAZA!!!!!!!!!!!Cry

If Railfan is off his meds so are the rest of us. Railfan is not the only one that knows or suspects what is taking place in this town. We need more people like Railfan and less of those who bury their heads in the sand.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Murdock View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murdock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 2:05pm
Too bad the rest of you only represents about 15 people!!!!!!!!!lol
Rail Fan, you never had any cred NOR do you now!!!!
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 3:23pm
God bless you Murdock.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 4:57pm
I dunno Murdock.
jmo
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 5:11pm
God bless you Murdock.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2009 at 6:35pm
Spiderjohn
Would you please clean out your mail box on this site
Thanks
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2009 at 8:25am
Spider: I take exception to two small points in your post:
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

I AGREE WITH YOU that in no way are you obligated to inform anyone anything about yourself. Your message here matters far more than your real name, and as I mentioned prior, screen names are a tremendous equalizer.

I agree, EXCEPT for the pinheads who complain about the anonymity of others while they, themselves remain anonymous.  If one is going to criticize others for anonymity, grammar, spelling, or whatever...then that one should be judged twice as harshly if guilty of the same actions.

Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

To me--using your own name is an ego thing.
At least in my case, I just got tired of hearing (or reading) comments from City Hall that they don't read "Sound Off" or internet blogs because "anyone can say anything while hiding their identity."  (Actually, more offensive terms were used.)  I simply wanted to take that excuse away from them, at least in my case.  Middletonians are justified in fearing their City Hall, and most can easily be penalized using underhanded methods.  I am much less vulnerable than most Middletonians (having no local business or employment ties), and I believe what I say and would say the same in public, so I decided to speak openly.  It has NOTHING to do with ego.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic