FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

good for middletown

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Nelson R. Self View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2010 at 7:04am

Great advice, Acclaro!  Glad to know there's another insightful soul in additon to Miss Vivian, Mike Presta, Viet Vet, Wasteful, etc. who encourage me to move on and start life anew elsewhere.  Thank you!

If anything, I've tried to provide an inside view of the goings-on at One Donham Plaza plus release volumes of documented evidence on the arrogrance/incompetence of some past and present City staff.  Sadly, their legacy is (and will be) mismanagement plus waste of large sums of HUD funds over this past decade.

It's up to MiddletownUSA participants and other rightully concerned citizens to use these and other disturbing facts (hopefully) in helping to bring this once-prosperous City back to a reasonable level of prosperity!
Nelson Self
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2010 at 8:04am
Mr. Self, I suggested if you feel illegal activity has taken place, inform the proper autorities. If you feel the environment caused your stress, litigate, as there are many good contingency attorneys around. As for the information, and promises, you are one of many that has been mishandled and abused by the city and council giving lip service to issues before backing down. The first two courses of action have teeth, the writing about HUD and failures may be cathartic for you, but no one at city hall really cares. That's my point. There is no reason to leave Middletown because of those who recruited you and then made your life apparently quite difficult. But, why continue to be on the sidelines watching te trainwreck and the constant whines of levies and poverty---the damage has been done, the concrete is setting. I have lived in many enormously fine cities, by far, Middletown is the worse. Surrounding residents in other cities know this, you might as well also.    
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2010 at 9:34am
Mr.Self--from the little bit that I know you, it seems as if you are a sensible intelligent likeable and clearly expressive person. The data/info that you have posted has been eye-opening and informative to everyone, while not being refuted by anyone. Unfortunately no one other than yourself can bring that knowledge/documentation forward in a way that could be presented for investigation/confrontation and correction of the situation(s).

Intimidation can be real and imagined. Seems we have seen both just from reading this forum. Seems that you have the facts on your side, which is one extremely powerful ally. Don't know your medical/mental/legal status with everyone, however if the situation allows, it HAS to be YOU who brings these issues forward in another forum, being the MJ, TVM televised forums(what about the up-coming town hall ward 1 meeting?). If you are up to the presentation(which could be organized into several consecutive presentations), I would think that the crowd would be full of support for any positive effort to bring corrective action to our city situation.

The landscape downtown IS changing, and WILL continue to change in a positive direction. Our new Councilmembers are showing signs of becoming more determined instead of backing down, and may well be joined by a couple of existing Councilmembers, leaving a weakened minority representing the old way.

The tide is beginning to tur, my online friends, and don't be surprised if a few KEY Admin faces begin to support the new way of thinking. Don't give up or slow down. Ramp it up as best you can, being creatively positive and innovative with ideas for change/solutions.

The citizens of this city WILL prevail with sensibility and constructive thinking.
It will be strong like the wind and water--nothing can stop the flow.
Nelson R. Self View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2010 at 10:19am
Thanks so much and please send me the list of attorneys who might handle such a legal matter on a contingency basis.

Last May, thanks to the assistance of Paul Nagy, a Cincinnati-based attorney was found.  I spent $1,000 for the initial investigation.  Three months later I was advised that I'd need to pay $8,000+ more if he were to pursue this legal matter.

Sad to say, only two members of the now-defunct HUD Consolidated Planning Committee were willing to speak on my behalf.  One key Committee member informed me that a very, very high-ranking City staff member had contacted their spouse's boss and that his/her job could be affected.  Another member of the Committee, someone who once advocated requesting a HUD audit, developed amnesia and his since been rewarded politically for his indifference to me.  Then, there were three City Council members who were told much about HUD mess.  Despite their original assurances, they all turned their respective backs on me. And last, there were Community Development Division who were well aware of the problem projects and mismanagement of funds.  They had a gag order placed on them by senior City staff.  In particular, Now former City employee Skip Batten provided me, the Consolidated Planning Committee and the Three City Council Amigos with written proof of these matters.

So much for the past.  It is possible to change the direction of policies and programs to bring about positive change.  I do wish the best for Middletown and all of its' citizens.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2010 at 12:22pm
Mr. Self, it would be inappropriate to make any recommendations to you, as I have absolutely no knowledge of any facts, and a faint understanding associated with the circumstances you have spoken. Therefore, it is you which must choose your course of action as spider indicated. If you feel you were retaliated, then you should do what you think is appropriate. I simply don't know what your are allegations to be. I suggest martindale.com., go to labor or litigation attormeys, and then put in either Dayton or Cincinnati. I know for labor matters/histle blower---Freking and Best (Randy Freking) is the best in Ohio, Cincinnati. Your facts are your facts, your potential case your case, but the abundance of information you provide while insightful, I don't believe to be advancing your situation. At least John Edwards aid will make a few $ Mm off his book deal and taking the fall for him. I wish you well in your decision and what is right based upon the facts you have.     
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic