FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunset Pool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2011 at 8:34am
I wanted desperately to be at the council meeting last night to speak out against this idiocy, but could not. In the journal's article they quoted Ms. Gilleland as saying, "We will begin the project, but if more people show up next time (to speak against demolition) it could change.”

If packing council chambers with pro-union folks can force council to not do something, packing the chambers with pro-pool folks could force them to change their mind as well.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2011 at 6:43pm
If we have the money to demolish the pool, why not operate it? Let one of the booster groups at the high school man it as a fundraiser? I would support that even though I have a pool. Im sure the near by residents would support that rather than to smell dog S%#*! jmo
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2011 at 9:11pm
Can't they just fill the pool with mothballs?
 Are they already out of mothballs?
Has anyone seen the utily and other expenses for the newly taxpayer-purchased properties?
Wow--mothballs must be lousy insulation.

The only choice is back to starving this beast into submission and re-building(somewhere other than the former downtown area) from the ground up. Time to break them--vote NO on everything!!!

I actually believe that C St will eventually come in a limited manner--maybe only to Greentree?

middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2011 at 9:06am
Today's Journal just hits home the truth about how things are viewed at the city building. They've spent about a MILLION dollars in the last five years on the golf course for the well off, and try to tear down the pool and complain about paying out for the splash pad operations that cost WAY less (I believe the operating costs for the pool had it been open over the last five years would have been maybe $125k? based off previous operating numbers given) but are used by the majority of the population who are lower income.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2011 at 9:43am
IF ARE SPINELESS LEADERS HAVE MONEY TO THROW AWAY ON THE GOLF COURSE THEY HAVE MONEY TO KEEP SUNSET.I PRAY EVERY NIGHT THAT EACH ONE THAT OCCUPIES THOSE SEATS ARE VOTED OUT IN THE NEXT ELECTION. THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT LIED TO THE PEOPLE OF MIDDLETUCKY AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO UNTIL THE PEOPLE STAND UP TO THEM.Big%20smile
Upper90 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upper90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2011 at 11:08am
Obviously I would like Sunset to be open again but does not look like that will happen. For just a few bucks more and a short drive you can go here, it is really fun and worth every penny.

http://www.ci.miamisburg.oh.us/index.php?id=45&option=com_content&task=view

There is sand volleyball as well. It is great for kids of all ages because you can stand as a parent and watch multiple areas at once.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2011 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Upper90 Upper90 wrote:

Obviously I would like Sunset to be open again but does not look like that will happen. For just a few bucks more and a short drive you can go here, it is really fun and worth every penny.

http://www.ci.miamisburg.oh.us/index.php?id=45&option=com_content&task=view

There is sand volleyball as well. It is great for kids of all ages because you can stand as a parent and watch multiple areas at once.
I say most of the people dont have transportation to go up there.What needs to be done is someone needs to  wake the spineless council memebers up.There caught up in a fantasy world.LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic