FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tony Marconi!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Concerned Citizen View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Concerned Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tony Marconi!!
    Posted: Mar 10 2011 at 10:54pm

I heard a rumor that he is considering running! Thoughts??

409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2011 at 11:12pm
Let's hope not!!!     Nice guy, but................
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2011 at 11:26pm
oh, please no...
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2011 at 6:16am
IMO, Tony is an extremely nice person to talk to. Lives a few blocks away from me. Have talked to him on several occasions and has helped me on some matters when approached. Problem is, when you do talk to him, he hears what you are saying but doesn't hear the message you are trying to convey. He seems to take the side of the city in most matters and has chosen to align himself with the Beckers, Mulligans, Picards and Allens of the world. We have already had him represent us here in the 3rd Ward. Apparently most of us didn't want his services any longer as Mr. Laubach replaced him. Personally, I like him. Politically, not so much.
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2011 at 6:27am
         Put Tony Marconi back in office and you will have more of the same ol', same ol'.  He has a lot of self-interests on his agenda. He lost the last election for good reason. If the voters put him back in they deserve what they will get.
         What will he do to bring jobs and get the WHOLE city back on its feet economically? He helped bring it down. He would have to run as an at-large candidate. MIdlletown needs new honest, conservative leadership.
          Paul Nagy
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2011 at 9:15am
Unless he has had a recent change of heart, I would not expect him to run again.
midres View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2011 at 5:24pm
I must say that I disagree with the naysayers.  While I may not be considered to be a close friend, I do know Tony.  He was, and is, dedicated to this community.  He is not a part of the 'god 'ol boys club' nor the establishment.  In fact, he did butt heads with many in our government organization when he was in office.  I live in the Third Ward and feel that he was much, much more responsive than Josh.  In fact, Josh could learn a lot from Tony.  Should he decide to run again, I'll be in his corner .... both personally and financially.  If you've not met him face-to-face, be careful of the opinions you share in this forum.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2011 at 6:38pm

Well, I have meet Tony a few times and as a person I like him, funny guy and fun to talk to. In the roll of city council member I am not so much a fan. My reasons are not based on his constant “yes” votes and never questioning anything before him. Midres, that cannot debated it is all public record. Tony, in my opinion is a follower not a leader.

I put a call in to Tony yesterday and have heard nothing back from him. I would love to say I am shocked by that, but I am not. It was the same way when he was in office, despite what you may say Midres he was never reachable to the public. As for Josh, while I don’t always agree with Josh (and he knows that) I think we are better served with him on council than Tony. IMO

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2011 at 10:04pm

If you want retreads,go to Tire Discounters, I'm looking for brand new tires.

acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2011 at 1:00am
I think Tony is extremely friendly and about a nice a guy you'd meet. He means well. I recall calling him at least 3 times, and not a time did he not return my call, but give me as much time as required. My suspicion is the at large candidates have already been chosen by the Middletown First Foundation, or whatever they themselves, led by the circle of 100 that make gifts for John Boehner, write grants for Judge Wall and Newlin's courts, and mingle with the Sachs and Sawyer's. I don't see Tony on that list.  
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2011 at 8:31am
Tony was good, JOSH IS GREAT!
Tony Marconi View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Marconi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2011 at 9:07am
Hi Randy,
Always nice to hear from you. I just received your voice mail this morning at my home. My 89 year old father in law just got released from the nursing home after a truck accident approx one month ago. It has been a very difficult time for my wife and family. My one concern has been with my wife and family the past month. This past week has been very busy and I am trying to catch up this morning on all my phone calls, emails, etc.

You have not had the benefit of following my term on council. I always returned phone calls and correspondence. I was one of the most reachable people on council and helped as many people as I could to get issues/problems resolved. It was a blessing when people called me and wanted help. My desire was to serve others. You clearly do not have the facts straight!!! I absolutely cannot believe that you claim that I never questioned anything before me on council. Where have you been??? I was a leader in questioning the items before me. I would even go as far to say that the majority of staff / council would say that I was a thorn in the flesh and that I gave them major gas in my line of questioning.

One of my principles that I live by and practiced on council, was to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
Grace and kindness goes a long way in working with people and getting things accomplished. I am proud of my continued service to my hometown and the citizens.

Randy, I know deep down that I should not take your bait and respond to this post, but you are 100% totally wrong in your accusations of me not returning phone calls, not being reachable, and not questioning any items that came before me on council. It took you less than 24 hours to take a shot at me after your phone call. Next time, please take into consideration that people can be busy, dealing with a serious problem, sick, out of town, etc, etc. I still like and respect you. I have always enjoyed our conversations in the past. I simply want to let your readers know the facts.

Thank you,
Tony Marconi
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2011 at 9:46am
Mr. Marconi, so sorry about your father and the situation you are dealing. Prayers are extended for a swift recovery.

I will absolutely concur, and I'd be the first to say otherwise, Tony returned and provided excellent followup on every call I ever made and his efforts resolved at least two significant problems invoving many residents including one very serious safety matter ignored by the city manager at that time to "correct" the problem with a menetary expenditure.

I would certainly advocate him running again, and he's absolutely one of the nicest individuals I've met. He also was pretty adamant when others wanted to give the free waiver for water tap ins, and stood firm when Laura Williams was making Middletown look like the Hatfields and McCoys were dueling on Main Street.

Thanks for posting, and Bravo for the willingness to do so. 
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2011 at 10:31am
Though I never attempted to contact him privately, I always found Mr.Marconi to be accessable, open and hopefully honest in our few conversations.I was very happy to seem him finally succeed in being elected as a ward rep, and very much appreciated his early stance with the 3-vote minority against the Darth Vader group.

As his term progressed, and re-election was on the horizon, I began to see a directional change in both Mr.Marconi and Mr.Armbruster. In effort to find support, they both seemed to gravitate towards the dark side thinking, possibly in hope of gaining political support. Mr.Marconi's rhetoric and political stances seemed to become fore fence-straddling, confusing and double-talk late in his term. MUSA became the "demon" to these men, as they consistently ridiculed this site and the regular posters as being negative, hateful and a major problem to the community. I could not disagree more, and still believe that the long-term regulars AND many of the newer contributors(minus the MJ trolls and downtowner snipers) are some of the most caring and concerned citizens in our community.

I realize that I am not one of Mr.Marconi's favorite citizens, and that he branded me as being extremely negative and one of the most destructive people in the community. A lot of this came from my decision to actively support the opposition to Mr.Marconi, Mr.Armbruster, Mr.Mulligan and a new face from the 2nd ward. I am very happy to see Mr.Laubaugh filling that seat now, and will move on to possibly replacing Mr.Allen and Mayor Mulligan.

I work like to see as many options as possible in the next Council election.
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2011 at 10:46am
Spider,
         My opinion of Mr. Marconi is the exact same as yours. Apparently, some have a very short memory.
 I concur with your statements regarding those on this forum and his views toward any one disagreeing with council. I remember his remarks about those who have conspiracy theories.
         I have problems with him being on the planning commission. I would oppose his candidacy totally.    
         Paul Nagy
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2011 at 11:38am
If I may, I would like to correct or clarify my comments. I had many disagreemnts with Mr. Marconi and as sj properly observed, the skewing towards becoming a yes man with the gang. However, in good conscious, I could not say he was ever unresponsive nor concerned to any time I made direct contact with him. If others had such problems, and I certainly did not have a long standing relationship or he with me, he did respond promptly, with concern and consideration. Given his reference to his father, I think it was considerate he responded, which I give him credit.

I also have to say in all my readings, I have found sj as fair and balanced as they come. If its true snipers are taking aim, God help us all. This individual is a truly concerned and supporting community member who has earned much respect. That goes for Mr. Nagy as well.
rem 1187 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rem 1187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2011 at 12:01pm

Very sorry about the family issue, the last 48 hrs. has been horrible for many. Our sister city is about 35 miles in land from Sendai.  I'm guessing that that Mr. M has called back since he had time to pretty much "take the bait".  Is he running?

randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2011 at 12:22pm

Tony, I am sorry to hear about your father-in-law. My thoughts will be with you and your family.

I would like to say that, I have still not gotten a phone call from you in response to my call placed on Thursday. Nor did you answer the original question posed to you….are you considering running for election?? You had time to make this post, but not time to call me first. So you and everyone else can say what you like. I did call you a full 24 hours before every posting it on here. You on the other hand posted first and have still not called me.

I have followed enough of your last term to know that you sat on council as section 8 was allowed to drag this city down and did nothing to stop it nor did you speak up with any concerns about the situation. Not until it was time for reelection, then you and some others were all about talking to the people and playing the concerned politician. I am not saying that you don’t care about this city I believe you do, I genuinely believe you love Middletown as I do and want to see what is best for this town. We just have different views on what is best and how to get there.

People in all walks of life are busy, I have a 1 year old daughter that I deal with, a 9 month pregnant girl friend, a full time job and I attend school. But I still find the time to return a phone call, ask anyone that knows me.

I am not going to get into a big match with you on here, I was not trying to set bait for you, I was simple stating the fact that you had not called me back yet, and I was also stating my opinion on you possible running again.

I would like to say something to you and to all city council members and admin. I always find it funny that you guys have always said you either don’t read this site or don’t have the time to respond to people because of your busy lives. But as soon as someone posts something you don’t like you sure find the time to comment then. Or when an election is looming this site is sure used by those running. This site may have some negative people and views, but it is a site that is ran by the people that live here.

I like you Tony, I always enjoyed talking with you, and I too have great respect for you. Since you are reading this site now, tell all of us why you want to be on council once again? What do you bring to the table that is different than last time? Because if people thought you were the right person for the job you would still be there. So what has changed?? Maybe you won’t answer these questions because you and many others

think of MUSA as a joke and playing no role in the out come of an election, to that I say ask Josh or AJ if they feel the same way?

randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2011 at 7:40pm
Tony called me about 30 minutes ago, I wont go into all that he and I spoke about it. But, it was good conversation. He did say that he is keeping his options open as far running for council.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2011 at 10:04am
To Mr.Marconi's credit, he was instrumental in bringing on the conversations with Council series,  hosting the most sessions. He tried to bring in as many admin reps as possible to provide accurate answers to citizen ?s. Mr.M took on all comers and ?s, imo answering to the best of his ability.

Credit to his passion to serve the public(or whomever). Will be interesting to hear what his reasoning and direction would be if he decides to run again, and what he might do differently. Will he continue to view this forum and it's posters in the manner that he did prior to being defeated in the last ward election?

Hopefully we will have many qualified and varied choices when November rolls around.
Turnabout being fair play, unless I see/hear a different line of thinking than what Mr.M expressed during the last part of his term, I would have a hard time supporting this man as my Councilperson.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2011 at 6:30pm
Yes Spider, Mr. Marconi was the pioneer in developing "conversations with council" at Java Johnnies (Seniors Center also) a few years ago........and he quickly pulled the plug on those "informal" gatherings because he claimed it developed into a gripe session. Apparently, when tough questions were asked and those questions put him on the spot, instead of leveling with the people, he chose to shut it down and run. Didn't like the direct questioning.... Typical council reaction to the people. If one asks "kinder/gentler" questions, all is peaches and cream with them. If they are asked direct/put them on the spot/caught in the headlights questions, we are all troublemakers and "negative", which is a diversion from answering the questions.

I'd still like to know which side he is on. (And contrary to popular belief, this town is divided between the people with no government and a government that wants no people interference) He claims he wants what is best for Middletown, but he takes the side of the status quo in thinking, which is not good for the city. Hell, just look at the shape it's in. Confusing behavior to me.

I must agree with Paul Nagy. He had his chance to show us what he is about. Started ok with him questioning things. As time went by, he developed a "darksider philosophy" with a decent personality on the surface. If we vote him back in, we are assured of seeing what we didn't like in the first go-around and we help the group of people who need to be excised from this city. We don't need more Beckers, Mulligans, Allens, and Picards nor people who are like them. Not healthy for this town.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2011 at 10:51pm
Its probably a little early to be worrying too much as to who may run, and whom may not, but the observations made are quite accurate. Mr. Marconi is warm and collegial, but because he is such, by that type of personality, he would not feel comfortable disrupting the current state of affairs, which needs exactly that---disruption.

Council needs six more Lambaugh's, not seven Larry Mulligan's. Mr. Lambaugh is young but isn't intimidated by disruption, he embraces it,  those placed by MMF are exactly the polar opposites. I agree Mr. Marconi falls into the category of "yes, may I have another."    
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic