FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

somewhat ironic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: somewhat ironic
    Posted: Apr 17 2011 at 12:27pm
For the past few years, the emphasis from the former downtown area "stakeholders" has been to purge that area of the poor, needy and govt.assistance citizens, along with Hope House, the wanderers and criminal element.

After listening to Dr.Owens' most excellent talk last night, it seems that Cincy St. caters to just that type of individual. Concentrating on 2nd chances and turning lives around by a new opportunity for those dealing with many of the characteristics mentioned above.

Kinda curious as to the graduation rate, drop out rate and average length of time and credits per Cincy St.student.

Still support this project as the only current hope for the area.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2011 at 1:34pm
sj, what I found bemused was O'Dell making reference to engineering by the end of April in the Cinergy Bld abd the VP if Strategic Development pushing this out to fall or further, as there is some degree of due diligence ongoing to even project student population. What I take from the President is almost a keen interest on Middletown associated with its socioeconomic status, blacks, minorites. While commendable, in the past, C State has a rck solid reputation I know it the IT area, IBM a mjor recruiter of solid grads, and the culinary school. To me, it has a look and feel of the "Who's On First, Watt's on second L & H skit.  My fear is very poor leadership articulation and motivation. I think realisticaly, this deal is out until fall or end of year, maybe beyond. Look at the charter impact at Miami at Oxford. State in no mood to be slinging funds around, and this seems to be more of a fulfillment by O'Dell associated with the wrong side of the track blacks in town, than a really fine reputation C State has developed in specific areas 1) IT 2) culinary.

This one seems to be drifting downstream, with uncertainty as to where it is going or its purpose, and driven from a concern for racial minorities. Candidly, I don't it , the more I read about it. Obvious disconnect between timing: President and VP, and Middletown willing to turn summersaults to make it happen. This probably should be driven by Greg Tyus or ASJ, than Greg Pratt.

ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2011 at 5:48pm
It's a tech school which IMO caters to "you got go to college" kids. I went to a tech school and had a blast did well and had many choices given to me by the private and public sector.  Drop out rate quite high at the time,don't have the #s.  Since I didn't attend the gathering last night I only hope we get to hear the FULL dream of whats to happen and who's paying for what. I do not know alot about Cincy. State anymore, did try to recruit from there, teachers were clueless to the needs of my industry. Hope and pray our "Leaders" cross the T's and dot the I's. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic