FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

55th House District appointment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 55th House District appointment
    Posted: May 27 2011 at 5:24am
From a local newspaper article:

Former Middletown Mayor David Schiavone is one of a dozen residents in Ohio’s 55th House District to seek a county GOP recommendation to fill the unexpired term of now state Sen. Bill Coley.

Schiavone said his 16-year career on Middletown City Council gives him the edge to succeed Coley.

“If the committee looks at qualifications and experience, based on my track record I think I have a pretty good shot,” he said.

I, for one, think that "Hizzonor" has some explaining to do about his "track record" before he is considered for this position.

Perhaps he forgets that back when he was under investigation for wrong-doing on-the-job as a Butler County probation officer supervisor, he promised to "answer all the questions" once the investion was over.  Well, instead of facing the charges, he was "allowed to resign" and he never did answer any questions.  He was subsequently discharged from a similar position (in Mason, as I recall) after a short stint on the job.

I believe that he also defaulted on a small business loan from Butler County, not to mention his disregard of Middletown's ordinances regarding building permits and signs when he was a principal with Barbeque Junction.

Such a "track record" may qualify him for a slot in the current federal administration's Justice Department or Treasury Division, but I find it hard to see how it puts him in line for a seat in the Ohio House of Representatives.

When discussing Middletown's current dire circumstances, we are frequently told NOT to "look back" to try to figure out what happened to our once proud city.  If we would "look back", we would see Mr. Schiavone sitting on City Council/Commission for sixteen years while our troubles were occuring, telling us that everything was fine and that we had a bright future. 

Do we really want him in Columbus doing the same type of job???
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2011 at 9:40am
You raise some good points Mike.

Like the Henny Youngman quote too.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2011 at 9:52am
It would be a travesty if the Repubs put this guy in another political position. With his background, both behind that council desk and his activities on his two jobs at taxpayer expense, he shouldn't be considered for public office nor another public job position. His past actions should tell everyone he is damaged goods.
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2011 at 7:15pm
I'm running down the post before taking the wife out to "throw a few back" and I have to responsed in the same manner as I did in hearing that Randy was back, are you F'n kidding me!!!!   It wouldn't surprise me at all.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic