FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Firefighter Layoffs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2011 at 5:28pm
You have according to the city only so much money. How do you spend it?
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2011 at 9:24pm
Got a E-mail the police received a grant for $1,014,000.00 from the Dept of justice.  Good news!
AKBobby View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKBobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2011 at 7:49am
Originally posted by ground swat ground swat wrote:

Got a E-mail the police received a grant for $1,014,000.00 from the Dept of justice.  Good news!

I heard that on the news this morning. That's great news. That'll keep 4 officers from getting laid off!
AK - What is going on with that?
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2011 at 9:09pm
Think it a damn shame our Spineless leaders figure buying up property,old latern lights and giving Cincy State a free ride is more important then fireman in this city.I give  botts kuddos for not telling each one of them to kiss where the sun dont shine.Big%20smile
One question to mayor mullethead,and MsJudy how the hell do you sleep at night?We have nothing but liars that work in the city building.
middie83 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2011 at 9:14am
Well it seems those at the negotiating table on the city side aren't interested in saving any firefighter jobs and have every intention of closing the Tytus Rd station and laying off 10. The firefighters union has offered up many concessions which the city will "accept" however, the city will not return and say it will save "X" number of jobs.
This comes after multiple days and multiple time through those days that at times every fire and ems unit were on details and unavailable to respond to additional calls in the city. I guess our Mayor, City Manager and Fire Chief are just willing to role the dice of peoples life!
Layoff notices are supposed to go out Nov. 1 to give employees 60 days notice. I hope our city council sees this as unacceptable and puts a stop to it. If not I foresee it only a matter of time before Middletown will be in the news for someone getting hurt, injured or dying due to this decreased ability to provide adequate fire and ems service.
What a sad day in the City of Middletown.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2011 at 9:58am
middie83 writes......

"Well it seems those at the negotiating table on the city side aren't interested in saving any firefighter jobs and have every intention of closing the Tytus Rd station and laying off 10"

Nope.....when we passed the safety levy, the city declared that it would MAINTAIN the current workforce and police/fire dept. situation. That was the criteria as it was presented to the voters and the resulting passage.

Perhaps, given that information, someone needs to contact the city manager/leaders and point out that they are not honoring the commitment that was on the table at the time the safety levy was passed and they'll play hell getting the next levy passed. But, then again, we are talking about honoring a commitment to the citizens and that has never been a high priority for this city government. Sad that they have basically played the public for suckers......again. Can't believe a thing that comes out of that city building, can we?
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2011 at 10:46am
Wrong Vet.

The storyline here is to get out the NO voters on SR2. City always finds money somewhere stashed away, or Picard will come forward with the others, screaming, there just cannot be cuts to public safety. Its a ploy to save the day in a few months, the money is already there, and tee up next year's fight over keeping the 1.75% tax. That's all.

The city should reduce firemen and use more volunteers, just as more neighborhood watch groups should be forming. But, the union has to have its pecking order for advancement.  It appears if you read your Democratic poll, 'Q', SR5 defeat is immeninent.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2011 at 11:20am
Originally posted by acclaro acclaro wrote:

Wrong Vet.

The storyline here is to get out the NO voters on SR2. City always finds money somewhere stashed away, or Picard will come forward with the others, screaming, there just cannot be cuts to public safety. Its a ploy to save the day in a few months, the money is already there, and tee up next year's fight over keeping the 1.75% tax. That's all.

The city should reduce firemen and use more volunteers, just as more neighborhood watch groups should be forming. But, the union has to have its pecking order for advancement.  It appears if you read your Democratic poll, 'Q', SR5 defeat is immeninent.

Well, to this voter, who is against union greed at the expense of those who are not connected to the unions, it would be a travesty to see this thing defeated. Have been seeing the union carpet bombing anti-SB5-vote no method being used nightly on TV with their "not entirely accurate" portrayal of SB5 and what it is all about. The teachers, fire, police and public unions should be looking upward for a lightning strike with all their fabricated bullcrap in these commercials. I am tired of some of my paycheck going to help pay most of their premiums for their health and dental care that is probably better than mine in the private sector. Tired of helping to foot the bill for their retirement too. Let them take care of that out of their "43%" more paycheck. Time they started paying their fair share. And, if you can believe the pro SB5 ads that state the unions have made 43% more (might be a fabrication, I don't know) than us non-union sector people, it aggravates me even more. WAYYYY out of proportion IF TRUE.

The voters would be fools to retain this 1.75% safety tax after this blatant lie to them on the first go-around. Not only vote any proposed increase down for additional funds, cut the current one from 1.75% back to 1.50%. The lies and deceit should be recognized by the voters and the levy rejections should start now. They lie, they lose funding for their programs.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2011 at 11:33am
If unions retain their power base, Ohio becomes Illinois, where Wisconsin is scooping up businesses right and left, just like indiana is now doing to Ohio.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2011 at 11:45am
Picard- retains 4th Ward
Mayor- Mayor Mulligan two term, +23 pt
Jones- at large (not all entirely foolish) +10 pt
Mulligan at large (the marketing one, not the number guy), at large), close with Jones, but she votes like an MMF anyway, and I like Joe. +10 pt
Mort- +7 pts

God,help us all.

The town continues it's decline into ghettoland. Select people continue to get what they want out of the town, stripping the carcass like a corporate raider. Can't get enough people that care enough to go to the polls to vote the destructors out by outvoting the MMF clan. Ironic, the very people who are getting the shaft by the MMF puppets are the very people who are helping retain the MMF scum that is doing the shafting by not voting against them and forcing them out. All because the people don't care enough to change it. Sad.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2011 at 11:55am
Is it bad breath, or a general dislike Mr. Mulligan has for AJS? Mints (Tums for me) please.

middie83 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2011 at 1:43pm
Accalaro: How do you propose the city use volunteer firefighters? Do you realize the loss in service you will get in doing so? You will go from a FF level 2 to FF volunteer level, Paramedic to EMT-Basic, loose haz-mat techs, trench rescue techs, fire inspectors, fire investigators, search and rescue techs, ect. ect. ect. Then when you loose that you will have to pay outside agencies to do those jobs that you have now. Your response times will at least double, so when your having a heart attack, a parent isn't breathing, a child is choking, a house is on fire, a family is trapped in a car instead of waiting just 2-4min you will now wait 8-12+ min for help to arrive. Doesn't sound like much more of a wait but when it comes to medical life and death every minute counts.
Ask Madison twp., Fairfield twp., Turtle Creek and other surrounding departments why they have pushed to get away from from volunteer staffing.
VietVet: I fully understand your anger at the city on the safety levy. I wish next council meeting people lined up to tell the city that it is unacceptable to go back on their word that they gave to the residents.
I won't really get into SB5/Issue2 because that's a whole other topic that could go on for quite awhile. But trust me Middletown Firefighters pay their portion of their pension and healthcare and aren't seeing 43% more on the paycheck. At least I'm not, if I was I wouldn't work another job and work 72+ hours a week!
middie83 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2011 at 1:54pm
Tell us how you would handle the city's budget concerns?

Middletown, like most other local governments, is facing a budget deficit. I want to focus on ideas of increasing revenue to the city as opposed to cutting. Middletown needs to have a pro-growth agenda of bringing in new business. New business to Middletown means more dollars flowing through our city economy. More dollars in our city equals more revenue. This will pull us out of our budget situation. In the meantime, the city has no choice but to operate as lean as possible. Middletown City government must provide basic services such as police and fire protection. Other area's may unfortunately have to go more lean.

This was from a Q&A the protical son Josh Liarbach did Aug of last year. Let's see if he holds true to his word and provides police and fire protection or votes to cuts them!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2011 at 2:30pm
middie83....

"Middletown needs to have a pro-growth agenda of bringing in new business. New business to Middletown means more dollars flowing through our city economy. More dollars in our city equals more revenue. This will pull us out of our budget situation"

True. Been saying that for a long time. So have others. Look no further. Do you see that picture above, on this thread posted by acclaro with council, Gilleland, and those I don't recognize? They and the councils, city managers and city leaders of the past are to blame. (Yes Stanky, I'm blaming your buddies again at city hall for the failure to bring decent jobs into town the last 30+ years) Who else would control the direction of the town? Who else to blame? It sure isn't the citizens as we have been excluded in determining the future of our town for many years. Miserable failures, most of them, past and present, at growing this city. And some have the audacity to have smiles on their faces in the picture.....especially the city manager and Mulligan, who apparently have no conscience.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2011 at 2:46pm
Jackie Philips hopes the Health care levy passes by 80%. The city cut back on its financial contribution which saw it as overhead it could not afford, is it not also needless overhead for the majority of residents? REDUNDANCY of the same services within the same county is fiduciary insanity. That's what leverage and regionialization provide.

Integrate Middletown's health department into Buter Cty Health. Too logical not to, other than a title.

MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2011 at 4:11pm
People will always be getting hurt or passing on to a better life know matter how many police and fire you have, we all know that. Certainly that number is less with more employees.  I know I will be going over our family fire drill at our house a little more often and checking those alarms and cleaning our chimney.  M83 are you saying Middletown leadership has No pro-growth plan?  We all know the last 20 yrs. of wild stock prices and everyone being able to get a house. Well thats over with and the state has decided to do something about that $8B. we are in debt for.  How it happened who's to blame doesn't mean Sh t.  It's here and do we have any real thinkers out there that can work out of this problem. Moron's?  I thought only one poster like to call people names.  The Chamber, that is a good question and one i've been asking other business people about for years.  Not alot support, thats from the GS polling group of Middletown.
middie83 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2011 at 11:28pm
For anyone on here that lives in the area covered by St. 84 (Tytus rd.) or for that matter anyone that live in the City of Middletown. I would strongly encourage that you contact members of city council and the city manager and express to them that it is unacceptable to close or brown out that station. Not only is it the only ladder truck that this city has but is also a paramedic equipped unit that is able to quickly respond to that area in medical emergencies.
Little did Smiley Chief Botts let everyone know at the council meeting last night but he has met with the city manager and finance department and they plan on starting brown outs of St. 84 as soon as next week.
People this is just the start! They are willing to play a game of chance with residents, citizens and public safety employees safety! Local 336 (fire dept. union) has offered up numerous concessions which the city will surely take but refuse to in-turn give any guarantee on the retention of jobs.
Many probably on here have never had to use the services of the MFD. I am very thankful for that and hope you never have to. But do you really want to go to bed at night with the thought on your mind that if a time does come that you have to dial 911 for a medical or fire emergency your care and protection may be coming from Monroe, Franklin, maybe even Liberty twp. because the administration has left fire and ems protection within the city of Middletown at bare bones and they are all out on other details!
I am asking for your support. Please contact city council and the city manager.

Larry Mulligan larrym@cityofmiddletown.org (513) 258-7284
Judy Gilleland judyg@cityofmiddletown.org (513) 425-7766
City Council dept_citycouncil@cityofmiddletown.org (513) 425-7719
taxed2death View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taxed2death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2011 at 11:46pm
Have sent an Email today to my council member hope to hear back from him!
I hope it gets better soon!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2011 at 6:09am
middie83 states....

"Not only is it the only ladder truck that this city has but is also a paramedic equipped unit that is able to quickly respond to that area in medical emergencies".

"People this is just the start! They are willing to play a game of chance with residents, citizens and public safety employees safety"

. "But do you really want to go to bed at night with the thought on your mind that if a time does come that you have to dial 911 for a medical or fire emergency your care and protection may be coming from Monroe, Franklin, maybe even Liberty twp. because the administration has left fire and ems protection within the city of Middletown at bare bones and they are all out on other details!"

TO ALL THREE COMMENTS MADE BY MIDDIE83, I RESPOND BY SAYING.....THEN THE CITY MANAGER AND OTHER CITY LEADERS THAT ARE A PART OF THIS DECISION OF PLACING THE RESPONDERS IN A POSITION THAT WOULD CREATE AN EXCESSIVE RESPONSE TIME TO A 911 CALL BETTER BUCKLE UP AND BE PREPARED TO MAN THE DEFENDANTS SEAT AT THE TRIAL. IF MY WIFE DIES DUE TO AN INORDINATE AMOUNT OF RESPONSE TIME, AND THE SITUATION CAN BE PROVEN THAT THE SLOW RESPONSE TIME COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED OR WAS INTENTIONALLY CAUSED, I'LL BE SEEING GILLELAND AND THE OTHERS IN COURT.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic