Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Tuesday, April 23, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pothole Responsibility Clarification

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pothole Responsibility Clarification
    Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 2:08pm
I'm trying to understand the City's responsibility in repairing potholes.   If this is wrong, please correct me:  Once a pothole has been reported, the City has 3 days to fix it and if there any damages to your car after that (caused by the reported pothole), the City is the responsible for the bill?

spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:48pm
That sounds like the proper procedure--not sure about the time frame.
Probably best to contact city admin for corroberation.

Have never known anyone who has been re-imbursed for such, however good luck if you try this--and let us know how it plays out!
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 7:57pm
we tried a couple of years ago and was told the City did not know about the pothole. 
Its funny, i reported this particular pothole a couple of days ago.  The geniuses on the road department drove past the pot hole and filled in cracks on someone's driveway apron. 

I guess one needs to give exact gps coordinates when reporting a pothole.    I didn't know someone that works in road maitenance could confuse a hole in middle of the road with cracks at the edge of the driveway. 
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 8:01pm
We hadn't had any damage to our car related to this pothole at this time, just trying to be proactive.  Especially now since the wrong spot was "repaired".  I guess the Citizens of Middletown can add this to the amount of money that is wasted (supplies and man hours)
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 10:16pm
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 11:23pm
Thank you.... I reported the pothole there fhe first day.  Then asked the question "if the City failed to fix the pothole within 3 day would they (the city) be repsonsible for car repairs.  I was told this information in the past by the City. 

City crew came out shortly and filled in cracks at the edge of a guy's driveway, completely missing the huge pot hole.  This prompted my respone of what a waste of materials and man hours.  So I then reported all the pothole again and all the cracks at the edge of the driveways.  They filled the pothole and the cracks. 

And I thought the driveways would be the repsonsibility of the homeowners.  Again seems like a waste of man hours and materials.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 7:06pm
It is my understanding the homeowners are responsible for gutter, driveway aprons, sidewalks made of cement.  Not the tarring of the roadways.

Upper90 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upper90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 10:49am
It would take a journal to report all the problems on Oxford State, what a complete joke of a road.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic