FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rusty Gutters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2009 at 2:19pm
Pacman- Let me know when you have this planned and you can count me in. I have a few questions I would like to see if they can answer.
here&now View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote here&now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2009 at 2:10pm
VietVet- The gutters are just rusted, not leaking or falling off and  some paint is enough to fix the problem. I just thought it was funny that this is  what our City has to worry about. I do plan on painting them this weekend, but is not how I wanted to spend my days off.
I do hope you can check out the pictures, I believe you'll get a kick out of the things I saw.

Mike- I did not upset anyone at City Hall but it was the first thing I thought of as well.  Big%20smile
Bwood View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2009 at 1:11pm
Didn't Middletown just get some money for housing renovations? Maybe you are eligible to get them replaced with that money.

Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
The City of Middletown, as an entitlement community, receives an allocation of CDBG funds each year. The City's program year runs from May 1 to April 30. Each year the city must submit to HUD a plan for the use of these funds. Current projects include:

Emergency Home Repair - This program is intended to provide minor home repair grants to low income homeowners of Middletown. Eligible repairs are those which pose an immediate or crucial threat to the health and safety of the household. Such repairs include:

• Structural Issues
  • Roof Repair/Replacement
  • Furnace Replacement
  • Electrical Improvements
  • Plumbing Improvements
  • Water Heaters

For more information, please contact Kyle Fuchs at (513) 425-7950.

Looking for news or information on display technology? If so Visit the Monitor Blog
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2009 at 1:09pm
If that is the case Mike look out, they will probably bring the whole inspection Dept. to your home. Big%20smile 
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2009 at 12:49pm
Here&now:
Is it possible that you have upset someone at City Hall recently??

Just a thought...don't know why it crossed my mind.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2009 at 12:41pm
This is a joke from a city whose infrastructure is crumbling, has more brownfields and abandonded buildings than New Orleans after Katrina and they are going to start this.  Trying to get the city to fix anything is a like pulling teeth....."we don't have the money" they continually say.Thumbs%20Down

Time to storm City Council with several 100 or even better several 1000 and demand some answers and action.
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2009 at 12:36pm
here&now- Work computer system won't allow me to look at your pictures.Given that, there are two ways to decifer this. Are the gutters actually rusted through and leaking water OR- gutters are discolored with a rust color and need to be painted ,not replaced??? If only rust colored, a few hours on a ladder and a gallon of paint should satisfy the requirement and be a cheap fix. However, rust color may bleed through. Hope it's not a total replacement for you. Will try to look at your pictures on the home computer with no filters after work.
here&now View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote here&now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2009 at 12:11pm
I came home from work yesterday and had a letter from the City of Middletown and The US Department of Housing and urban Development (HUD) waiting for me. In short it said that my gutters were rusty and need to be replaced or I could face city code enforcement. After looking up the "code" I found that this means the if not done in 30 days the city will replace them for me and send the bill. Are my gutters rusty? sure they are, there gutters and they tend to get that way. Did I need to the City to tell me this?No I did not! So after calling the number given, and asking for someone to come out and tell me why this is such a problem for Middletown (No one came). I decided drive around town taking pictures of what I thought  were bigger issues that "they" should be concerned with. And believe me when I say I could have drove all day.

My point is this: In a time when people are struggling to keep their jobs and their houses it behooves me to think that I  must now go spend money that I don't have to replace what wasn't bothering me in the first place. Instead for being concerned with all the boarded up houses in town and the failing businesses, It's my gutters that are a problem for the City.

Click here if you would like to see pics of my outrageous gutters and here for the other pictures I took yesterday.

Click here for large image
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic