FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rusty Gutters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 10:41am

MadisonMom & Spider
I don’t have a problem with the concept of “Pride In Action”.
Middletown could use a good SCRUB DOWN. I do have a real problem and many questions about the current “Building Code Enforcement” situation. Did they send out letters to business owners or just home owners? Why hasn’t the City been enforcing these laws over the years? Why did the City let Middletown
get into such a run-down condition? Where has all this PRIDE been hiding? Why does the law only apply to the citizens and not the City? Many citizens have complained for years about these same problems and all were ignored.
Well…I’m tired of being ignored by the City. I have warned the City for over 5 years that “I don’t play well with others”. Tuesday night the City Council will learn just what that statement really means.

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 10:54am

MadisonMom & Spider
I don’t have a problem with the concept of “Pride In Action”.
Middletown could use a good SCRUB DOWN. I do have a problem that it is the same people on every committee and that Ann & Sam are the only ones to get the glory.
I also have a real problem and many questions about the current “Building Code Enforcement” situation. Did they send out letters to business owners or just home owners? Why hasn’t the City been enforcing these laws over the years? Why did the City let
Middletown
get into such a run-down condition? Where has all this PRIDE been hiding? Why does the law only apply to the citizens and not the City? Many citizens have complained for years about these same problems and all were ignored.
Well…I’m tired of being ignored by the City. I have warned them for over 5 years that “I don’t play well with others”. Tuesday night the City Council will learn just what that statement really means.

here&now View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote here&now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 11:20am
Today is such a beautiful  day that I think I will spend the afternoon painting my horrid gutters. So if you drive down the street and see a skinny guy on a ladder yelling at his wife to go back inside Big%20smile , please feel free to stop and have a beer.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 11:53am
Maybe y'all should quit trying to connect the Pride clean-up group with the political/economic mess in our city. They are not united--only in the minds of a few here.

Pacman--I hear your message(hourly/daily/weekly/monthly). This is obviously not a political group at this time, and the younger names mentioned are all sharp thinkers with minds of their own. They are hardly tied to the city thinking and dark sider stranglehold. You may not know much about them(your loss--do the research), but I am familiar with all of them to varying degrees. I have confidence in every one of them, but NO--they might not be in lock-step with YOUR thinking either. None of them(including Mort and Ashworth) have a f'n thing to do with Section 8 or rusty gutters(although Ms.Edwards works with the city manager I believe).

Vet---it's just a small hopefully positive beginning. I'll guarantee that you will get a better listen and understanding from these younger names. They have a lot of younger friends who think a lot more like us also. This old guard is firmly entrenched, and we won't take them out quickly or easily.
BUT WE WILL TAKE THEM OUT.
WE WILL FIND A WAY--AND IT WILL BE SUPPORTED BY A LARGE COMMUNITY MAJORITY.

Just let this group do THEIR thing, hopefully with your blessing and support. Why not spend a few days helping them and getting to know them? Then come back here to post your thoughts.

The govt./economic mess is bigger than all of us and the city leaders. A lot happening is not in our or their control. Let's just work on what we can. 
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 1:44pm

Spider you seem to miss the whole point and are happy to let this group contact Forbes next year and present their list and have nothing accomplished other than picking up some garbage, which is fine.  But at the end of the day we will Still be Number 10 on the dying City list.

You are happy to let the little issues take the day while the larger issues are pushed to the back.  That is the thinking that has Middletown in the mess it is.  Knock yourself out.  Maybe I have found a new product to sell in my store, blinders for the Middletown Elite.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 3:13pm

pacman--I am not missing any of this.

Forbes article just caused this group to begin the spruce up effort. Doesn't even mention the problems that have become your obsession. We will be a cleaner city and will have hopefully formed new constructive friendships that lead to eventual political action groups. Melding different political ideologies while working side by side improving the appearance of the community could be a giant step forward. It is worth the effort.

Sitting here pounding on a keyboard doesn't seem to be accomplishing much. You have 755 posts here and have accomplished just what?

Are you in contact with your ward Councilperson about your concerns? The at-large Councilmembers? Have you editorialized in the MJ? Are you a regular speaker at Council meetings?

There is no one wearing blinders around here. Most are VERY aware of the problems and issues.

Middletown ELITE?
I don't know anyone around here feeling entitled or special right now.
PRIDE members are ELITE? LOL
Maybe you should put away your keyboard for a while and join up to do some work and interact with these people. Espouse your beliefs while working with them.

You hardly know what makes me happy or how I prioritize local concerns. I am simply not going to diss this group for doing what they are doing. I am grateful for their efforts.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 4:37pm

Hahahaha my obsession.  Lets compare that to yours and the leaders of Middletown who can't even sit down look at the camera and say we have some serious issues to solve.  I am not obsessed with Middletowns problems, what I am obsessed with is that something be done about them.  Something more than "Middletown has a bright Future'.  Gee Spider I spent the day picking up 10 bags of leaves, twigs and gabage, can I get on the list to Forbes now.  My God you people can't see the forest for the trees.

Who is dissing this group?  I have not heard one person say that their cleanup effort is not admirable.  What people are saying is that they are doing it for the wrong reason, The Forbes article.  Or they don't agree with the tactics the city is using.  Or they are dissatisfied with the Leadership of the City. 

You say I am obsessed yet the Journal does repeated articles on the same issue "Pride In Action" over and over and over again and yet you think that is wonderful.  Just because some of us don't share the "Middletown has a Bright Future" because we do a cleanup that we should be doing anyways, without all of the hoopla.  I'll tell you what the Next time I cleanup around here I'll hire the High School band, which I enjoy listening to in the afternoon and evenings during their practices, to play the Middie School Song while I do it and call the Journal out for a Photo Op.Big%20smile
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2009 at 5:47pm

After fighting with the City behind closed doors for over five years
I decided that it wasn’t the City that needed to change…IT WAS ME
So this time I have decided to make War on them in a public forum so all of
Middletown
will be able to see and hear their response.
It’s time for us to stand up before City Council and tell them what we really think.
Join me Tuesday night…fill the seats at City Hall and LET CHANGE BEGIN WITH US

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic