FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bond Issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 5:48pm
Acclaro: I couldn't agree more about an on-line master's degree.  I got an MPA two years ago from Capella online.  This, however, is about 4 years-old to 18 years-old, not 21-60 year-old students.  Also, Louise McBain, my old MHS Algebra 2 teacher, used to fret about those prodigy children who started college at 12 years old: she constantly worried about who they would take to homecoming.  Same is true for on-line courses.  Capella wouldn't let me on the football team because I couldn't make it to the games.   Just 1 chmoore.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 5:22pm
chmoore----

Georgia Tech is introducing an online, Master Degree program in Computer Science, cost for two years (MS)? $7,000.

Enrollment will be 10,000 students. They intend to change the paradigm associated with tenure, brick and mortar, and this nonsense that school costs go up 10% annually.

The state of Ohio overs online high school education. That provides parity.

Brick and mortar is wasteful.  
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 4:13pm
Speiderjohn:  So-- what happens to the old hs, now a middle school, when it is closed?
Can the system afford to tear it down?
Will it be looted of any valuable woodwork or fixtures like the other schools were?
Will the property be sold?
Will the taxpayers get good bang for their buck through salvage/sales?
As I understand from the board minutes, the old HS will be torn down along with Wade E. Miller, the annex building, the cafeteria and the Warehouse (old shop) building.  The demolition cost is in the price. I have no idea about the looting, either past or future.  I would think that property would be sold, just guessing...that's up to the board at that time I would think. Have no clue about the "bang for the buck through salvage."  I guess that would be up to the architectural firm that does the project.   Just 1 chmoore.
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 4:03pm
Vet: by the way, I have NEVER argued about college buildings being torn down. You continue to confuse me with someone else. Here's a good question for you: if Duke, etc. owned Middletown Middle School, and wanted to renovate it, would it cost more for the college to do it, or more for Middletown City Schools to do it.  And, whichever is more costly, why do think that would be?   Just 1 chmoore.
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 3:59pm

Vet: I have NEVER said that new buildings would raise test scores.  New buildings replace old, out-dated buildings.  "I THOUGHT WE HAD OTHER ALTERNATIVES TO EDUCATING THE STUDENTS THAT DIDN'T PERFORM AS WELL AS THE MAINSTREAM. ISN'T THE PURPOSE OF THE ALTERNATIVE EDUCATION TO PREVENT STUDENTS FROM FAILING AND DROPPING OUT ALTOGETHER."  ?  The answer doesn't fit the question----Why do all the Johnnys and Marys that are learning not get the tools necsaary to keep up with the Mason and Lakota Schools?  Listen, once again: to renovate Vail to state standards is as expensive as building a new building, AND THE STATE WON'T LET YOU DO THAT IF RENOVATION COSTS ARE  66% OF A NEW SCHOOL.  Middletown taxpayers would again lose the the very dollars necesasary to pay for the new school.  ACCLARO: let's use your analogy to the 100 year old buildings at Duke, Yale, Harvard, etc.  Let's see, how are those colleges funded again?  Oh, yeah, TUITION at $50,000 per student .  Oh, yeah---and Room and Board.  Yeah, that's the ticket!  Have you seen any articles lately about the cost of college going up?  Sure, you can renovate Vail---have you been in there lately?  Try the fourth floor.  Classroom sizes are less than 750 sq. ft.  State standards (which everyone on here raves about) are 900.  Spiderjohn: with respect, I will answer your questions separately since this post is getting long.   Just 1 chmoore.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 11:59am
ch, where did I say that all who support the schools are "kool-aid drinkers"? I said that, just as I had a selfish reason for supporting the seniors levy, I would imagine school levy supporters have their reasons too. Check the post once again.

ch:

"Once again, none of you addressed what to do with our 90 year old monster. Ignore it for 10 more years and THEN do something/nothing about it? Under full local cost?"

OK, THEN WHY DO WE SEE 100+ YEAR OLD BUILDINGS ON THE NOTRE DAME, DUKE, AND OTHER PRESIGIOUS COLLEGE CAMPUSES THAT SEEM TO HAVE GREAT SUCCESS IN EDUCATING THE YOUNGER PEOPLE? THEY GET A GOOD EDUCATION OUT OF OLD BUILDINGS. BY YOUR LOGIC, IN ORDER FOR THE YOUNG PEOPLE TO RECEIVE A GOOD EDUCATION FROM THESE UNIVERSITIES, ALL OLD BUILDINGS NEED TO BE TORN DOWN AND REPLACED BY NEWER, MORE MODERN FACILITIES.

ch:

Please answer the questions: (1) what is your long-term plan for the middle school?

UPGRADE THE SCHOOL TO PROVIDE WHAT WOULD BE OFFERED IN YOUR NEW SCHOOL BUILDINGS. VAIL (OLD MIDD. HIGH TO ME) HAS LASTED FOR WHAT, CLOSE TO 100 YEARS. DOUBT VERY SERIOUSLY THAT WE WILL GET THAT MILEAGE OUT OF THE NEW MIDDLE SCHOOL YOU ARE PROPOSING.

ch:

2) Why punish all the students because of some?

I THOUGHT WE HAD OTHER ALTERNATIVES TO EDUCATING THE STUDENTS THAT DIDN'T PERFORM AS WELL AS THE MAINSTREAM. ISN'T THE PURPOSE OF THE ALTERNATIVE EDUCATION TO PREVENT STUDENTS FROM FAILING AND DROPPING OUT ALTOGETHER? FURTHERMORE, WHY DO YOU REFER TO "PUNISHING ALL THE STUDENTS BECAUSE OF SOME"? BECAUSE THE STUDENTS DON"T GET FANCY NEW DIGS PUNISHES THEM? HOW DO YOU FIGURE?

ch:

"By the way, I have NEVER tied new schools to performance"

UHH, I BELIEVE YOU HAVE. I BELIEVE THE SCHOOL PEOPLE (PRICE) MADE THAT CLAIM BEFORE THE ELEMENTARIES WERE BUILT. SOMETHING TO THE EFFECT OF BUILD THE NEW SCHOOLS AND WATCH THE PERFORMANCE IMPROVE.

ch:

"We need new/renovated buildings because the others are not functional for today's learners---at any level."

BUT CH, THE NEW BUILDINGS WITH ALL THE LATEST BELLS AND WHISTLES ARE NOT PRODUCING ANY BETTER RESULTS THAN THE OLD BUILDINGS DID. THAT SUGGESTS THAT THE "FUNCTIONALITY FOR TODAY'S LEARNERS" AS YOU PUT IT, DOESN'T TRANSLATE TO AUTOMATIC IMPROVEMENT. AS OF THIS DATE, YOU CAN NOT MAKE THAT STATEMENT WITH ANY VALIDITY. IT HASN'T PROVEN TO BE SO IN THE ELEMENTARIES.

NOW, ADDRESS MY QUESTION TO YOU, WHICH YOU FAILED TO DO.

HAVE THE NEW ELEMENTARIES GIVEN US ANY BETTER RESULTS, AFTER A SUFFICIENT NUMBER OF YEARS, COMPARED TO THE PERFORMANCE FROM THE OLD ELEMENTARIES? AND IF SO, 45 MILLION MORE? OW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE PERFORMANCE TO DATE FROM THE NEW SCHOOLS?

I STILL MAINTAIN THAT THE CORRECT CURRICULUM, PRESENTED IN THE CLASSROOM WITH THE PROPER TECHNIQUE THAT WILL ATTRACT THE INTEREST OF THE STUDENT, COUPLED WITH A CONTROLLED CLASSROOM ATMOSPHERE AND STUDENT PARTICIPATION, FREE OF INTERRUPTIONS AND PROBLEM STUDENTS, WILL GET THE JOB DONE, NO MATTER HOW OLD THE BUILDING IN WHICH THAT CLASSROOM RESIDES. IT IS CONTENT DELIVERED TO THE STUDENT AND STUDENT INTEREST THAT TRUMPS NEW/OLD BUILDINGS IMO. THE FOCUS IS WHAT THE STUDENT IS ABSORBING, NOT WHERE THEY ARE SITTING.   
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 11:52am
So-- what happens to the old hs, now a middle school, when it is closed?
Can the system afford to tear it down?
Will it be looted of any valuable woodwork or fixtures like the other schools were?
Will the property be sold?
Will the taxpayers get good bang for their buck through salvage/sales?
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 11:21am
chmoore....again....if I used your analogy, you would be the cause of the housing market collapse in 2008, because everyone in the United States, deserved a house. As they deserved a house, which they could not afford, the market crashed, all your fault based upon same analogy.

I believe countless individuals, myself included, have stated updating the features which might be providing a better return Cost of Ownership such as heating, would be a consideration as an alternative. The argument, "we have to grab that state money" is akin to a compulsive shopper buying the 51st pair of shoes, because it was on sale, the deal too good to pass up?

Raising taxes when Middletown is so down in its property valuation just adds to a dismal situation, and economic pain, not creating a catalyst for growth and prosperity.

The prudent strategy would be be await to see how Middletown turns around with that expansive growth from the Atriium and Cincinnati State, not load additional tax burden on a ship already sinking. Usually, it has been my observation chmoore, that when a boat is sinking, you throw water out of it, not pour it in. But....there are too many compulsive shoppers in Middletown, that spend like they have the use of others credit cards, they do. Until Middletown adults act like West Chester and Springboro, the city and its residents continue to sink underwater.

City hall as all the life rafts and preservers. The others----about to perish with such nonsensical overload of debt.  .      
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 11:17am
As for a work around to the middle school issue you can expand existing schools in order to make a dedicated middle school out of an existing building. You can try to revolted the existing middle school to bring it up to code. You can build a new middle school that doesn't need the latest and greatest equipment, and luxuries. That way you show the tax payers that you truly care about staying within budget. I will make a deal try to get the monthly cost to the tax payer down to only $5 a month then you will have my vote then.
Just keep in mind the the majority of the people in Middletown make less than 40k a year. And what doesn't seem that much to you can really break the bank for some people.
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 11:02am

KTF1179/Acclaro//Vet:  Once again, none of you addressed what to do with our 90 year old monster.  Ignore it for 10 more years and THEN do something/nothing about it? Under full local cost?  Never addressed the other questions that I asked.  Vet, it's ok, in your opinion, to have your "selfish reasons" but anyone who wants to support the school levy for ANY reason is a "kool-aid drinker."  Please answer the questions: (1) what is your long-term plan for the middle school?  (2) Why punish all the students because of some?  Perhaps, just like when all the rest of us went to school----including me---students didn't perform to their potential. I know I didn't.     By the way, I have NEVER tied new schools to performance.  We need new/renovated buildings because the others are not functional for today's learners---at any level.    Just 1 chmoore.

Acclaro: good point about the one room school house. North, South and Central Schools all lasted less than 80 years  Each were replaced with unair conditioned buildings because that''s what they had in the early '50s. Each one room school house was ultimately replaced by the "newer, better version."  Thank goodness our forefathers provided...
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 9:27am
Having gone to Springboro Schools in the 80's and 90's, we had great performing schools without any new school buildings. Springboro really didn't get any new schools until the late 90's. Heck our Jr., High School at the time was built in 1908, and had no A/C, and asbestos, all over the place, but we still got a good quality education. The reason was due to the teachers and parents caring about the students success. I do believe that Middletown schools can be as good as Springboro and Mason, but it will take the teachers, and parents to make the difference not a building.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 9:15am
ch, please see ktf1179 and acclaros posts. I rest my case. The school supporters and school admin. still tie new facilities to better performance. You are attempting to do it here. Again, we do have a glimpse of that philosophy with the new elementaries. They have been in place long enough to develop a trend. Question for you......Look at the student performance with the old elementaries of a decade ago and compare the performance with students educated in the new elementaries. Any significant improvement? 45 million worth? Was it worth it to build new elementaries as to ROI?

Yes I voted for the seniors levy for selfish reasons. We use their transportation services for the wife in the wheelchair. To be fair, I would suspect people who vote for the school levies do it for the same reason-the need for the service. Your point is?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 8:59am
If anything the School Board should be yelling at the city about doing something to raise property Values in Middletown. Instead of trying to pass another school levy, which will drive more people out of Middletown, and decrease your revenues again. Raising Taxes is not the Answer, it is only a temporary fix to a bigger problem.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 8:59am
"OH, AND STANKY, I DIDN'T KNOW YOU LEFT OLD BUDDY. WHERE DID YOU GO? KINDA MISSED ARGUING WITH YOU ABOUT THE SCHOOLS. ENJOY ch's RESPONSES THOUGH. EXCELLENT"

MY MISTAKE.......SMARTMAN.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 8:54am
cmoore.... using your logic, why should I or any taxpayer who has seen a decline in property valuation go down from where valuation was nearly 25 years ago (it should be double by simply adding in CPI), absorb the cost for the school buildings when my children went to private school, are out of school, and less than 25% of property owners in Middletown have students that even attend a school within the system?

As for the needy, poor, disenfranchised, child "entitled" to the Ritz Carlton of a school building, it seemed many thrived attending the one room school house years ago.

There is absolutely no justification for this levy, it must go down in defeat.

Additionally...using your analogy....why have the standards against performance been stuck on not gain---when new schools were built?

ANSWER- there is no direct correlation between test scoring and standard results against 'new buildings' and amenities. Intellect determines performance, not the thickness of carpet, brick, or eco- thermodynamic ac/heat.     
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 8:51am
If we had academic performance like Springboro and Mason, then a new school would make sense. But to say a New School would bring about better performance is just a lie. All new schools are going to do is trick new people not from this area into thinking that Middletown has great schools when in fact the test scores just don't show it.

Just look at what people on what GreatSchools.org rate Middletown Schools. http://www.zillow.com/middletown-oh/schools/

Besides I would like my $8.00 a month go to repaving our streets. That alone will increase property values, which will in turn increase revenues to the schools. Imagine that ;)
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 8:12am
Vet:  I knew my stock in "Duck Tape" would go up on that one---hopefully, you have some spare rolls on hand to keep your head from exploding.  Just a couple of questions: (1) let's say that there are some students that---for whatever reason---are never going to get to the standards set by the state/government. Should all the rest of the students---the GREAT MAJORITY--- be punished by not having modern buildings in which to learn and thrive?  (2) Do those same students (the ones who can't pass the tests) have any value and deserve to learn and retain what they can? (3) We still don't have an answer to the "Vail" situation: a 90 year old building that costs a ton of money to heat and maintain. What is the answer for the next 10+ years? Let it continue to deteriorate to nothing, and then build a new middle school without the state's participation?  Vet, the state's participation is real---and it will go away if we do nothing.  Please understand and address that.  $40 million WILL pay for the new middle school.  With or without the state's money, Middletown will need a new middle school in the coming years. It will cost as much or more to renovate it, and we'll still have an inadequate building.  Also, not to stir the pot, but you did vote for a levy this past year---the Senior Citizen's levy.  Just tryin' to keep the record straight. Vet, I just re-read your post comment about "...completely free"; yes, the state's money will completely pay for the new middle school.  The bond levy's real cost to the local taxpayers is for the RENOVATED---NOT NEW---high school.  Two totally separate items.   As always, I'm just chmoore.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 4:49am
ch:

"when I get to spend $8.00/month more on my taxes so we can have a new middle school and RENOVATED----which people talk about on here---high school."

JUST CURIOUS....AND WHAT WILL THE NEW MIDDLE SCHOOL AND RENOVATED HIGH SCHOOL GET US FOR OUR MONEY? DID IT GET ANY OF US ANYTHING (OTHER THAN FANCY NEW SCHOOLS) WITH THE $45 MILLION BOND APPROVAL MONEY SPENT ON THE ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS? KINDA PROVES THAT NEW FACILITIES DON'T NECESSARILY GET US IMPROVED PERFORMANCE, DOESN'T IT? DO YOU THINK YOU RECEIVED A GOOD ROI ON YOUR ELEMENTARY BOND APPROVAL VOTE?

ch:

"Get rid of that giant elephant of the 90 year old "MHS" which is so outdated and inadequate and get a replacement at no-cost (the state owes us $40 million which will be completely lost if we do nothing"

"COMPLETELY FREE"? HOW? THE STATE IS CHIPPING IN ON THE COST BUT NOT PAYING FOR THE ENTIRE THING, RIGHT? IF SO, THEN WHY ARE WE BEING ASKED TO VOTE ON A BOND LEVY? OUR SHARE OF THE DEAL, RIGHT?

ch:

"when I get to spend $8.00/month more on my taxes"
"Heck, I spend almost $8.00/month on the senior citizens levy"

BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT. THE OLD "BUT IT'LL ONLY COST YOU A FEW CUPS OF COFFEE PER MONTH" ROUTINE DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE. IT'S ALL ABOUT PUTTING GOOD MONEY AFTER BAD NO MATTER WHAT THE AMOUNT. THE JOURNAL COULD BE ONLY TEN BUCKS A MONTH, BUT IF YOU NEVER READ IT OR FIND IT SUBPAR, YOU STOP SUBSCRIBING TO IT DON'T YOU. SAME HERE WITH ME. I DON'T SEE ANY VALUE ADDED ISSUES NOR REASONABLE PROGRESS WITH THE SCHOOLS, THEREFORE, I VOTE NO ON ALL LEVIES. I AGREE WITH YOU THAT 8 BUCKS A MONTH ISN'T MUCH TO ASK, BUT ISN'T THE REAL CONCERN HERE WHAT WE'RE ALL GETTING FOR OUR MONEY EVERY TIME THEY ASK FOR MORE? THE DATA DOESN'T LIE. ARE YOU HAPPY WITH THE PROGRESS OF THE SCHOOL PERFORMANCE GIVEN THE MONEY SPENT ON THEIR GRAND SCHEME OVER THE LAST THREE DECADES? WHAT HAS ENDEARED YOU TO OFFER YOUR SUPPORT WHEN REASONABLE PROGRESS HASN'T BEEN MADE, GIVEN THE MANY LEVIES THAT HAVE PASSED?

OH, AND STANKY, I DIDN'T KNOW YOU LEFT OLD BUDDY. WHERE DID YOU GO? KINDA MISSED ARGUING WITH YOU ABOUT THE SCHOOLS. ENJOY ch's RESPONSES THOUGH. EXCELLENT.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2013 at 9:45pm
Nicely said chmoore! Oh and VET!!!! I have never left!!!!!
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2013 at 5:33pm
I'd say...when I get to spend $8.00/month more on my taxes so we can have a new middle school and RENOVATED----which people talk about on here---high school.   Get rid of that giant elephant of the 90 year old "MHS" which is so outdated and inadequate and get a replacement at no-cost (the state owes us $40 million which will be completely lost if we do nothing.  There...that ought to start your head to burst.  (JK)    chmoore, my friend.  Heck, I spend almost $8.00/month on the senior citizens levy.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2013 at 8:02am
Originally posted by chmoore1 chmoore1 wrote:

Vet: thanks for using your "trump card" early. This way we don't have to wonder when it's going to happen.  It makes everyone so edgy.  Good choice!  Now, see how easy that is, and how helpful for the entire group?  "6 out of 26 indicators"....it does have a nice ring to it.    chmoore

You bet ch. Glad to help those on the other side of the fence. When are you school and school supporter folks going to fix it so it's no longer an issue?....or will it be business as usual?
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2013 at 1:32am
Vet: thanks for using your "trump card" early. This way we don't have to wonder when it's going to happen.  It makes everyone so edgy.  Good choice!  Now, see how easy that is, and how helpful for the entire group?  "6 out of 26 indicators"....it does have a nice ring to it.    chmoore
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 3:48pm
Just for the record,Chris Fiora hasn't been on the school board for months. He and his family moved to West Chester.
       pn
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 2:54pm
I don't think Mort or Picard served on council together. Mort was brought in by Judy,BFF'S you know.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 2:33pm
TonyB, that truly is the strategy of the city of Middletown and school system.

I know there are houses in Middletown, the court, the county treasurer office, and the city, target in tandem, to monitor foreclosure and pass the leads to LLC's, friends of city hall, to purchase. I also agree, even if you were joking, it is a fact, the city is attempting to raise rates and taxes so high, you can't get out, you can't sell your property, and are stuck in quicksand. That is THEIR strategy.

Hell, to beat it all---these voting blocking will give Marcia Andrew, Chris Fiora, and Katie McNeil a tax levy that passes, the city a 2.25% tax rate, and only those like the docs, attorneys that have been here all their life, and those feasting off the city in the parasitic relationship, around.

Disgusting isn't it. And what you said, maybe in jest....is very true. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic