Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Tuesday, March 19, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown 4th of July Parade - Event Date: Jul 04 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Middletown 4th of July Parade
    Posted: May 28 2014 at 8:23am
The Middletown Ohio 4th of July/Independence Day Parade will be held on Friday July 4, 2014.

Parade lineup will begin at 9:00 AM on Verity Parkway/Route 4, between 14th Ave and Lafayette Ave.

All parade participants are to enter the parade lineup at Lafayette Ave.

Meetings will begin on June 5,2014 and will be held at 4004 Lewis Street in Middletown Ohio (Between Jackson Lane and Eaton Ave)

For more information contact Joe M Snider at 513-423-6017 or email da120757@yahoo.com

Thank you and we hope to see you in the parade.
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 6:59am
******** UPDATE ********

Plans underway for 4th of July Parade in Middletown Ohio

The Middletown Memorial Day Association will hold their first planning meeting on Thursday June 5, 2014, at 4004 Lewis Street Middletown Ohio at 6:00 PM. The Theme for the 4th of July Parade this year will be
"WE THE PEOPLE", and participants are asked to display this on their floats or vehicles for the parade. There are Rules and Regulations for the Parades in Middletown, please call 513-423-6017 or email da120757@yahoo.com if you have questions.
FmrMide81 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FmrMide81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:51am
How tragic that there will be much stricter enforcement of Rules and Regulations for a parade than there is for actual laws.
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:46am
da: how can we get the 4th of July parade back out on Breiel Blvd. like it was a number of years ago? Now, it just seems like it negates the Memorial Day parade by going in reverse. Kind of like a tennis match---look to the left, now look to the right. just 1 (and only) chmoore. Thank you for organizing it, though.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 12:47pm
must be afraid that musa might sponsor a float?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by chmoore1 chmoore1 wrote:

da: how can we get the 4th of July parade back out on Breiel Blvd. like it was a number of years ago? Now, it just seems like it negates the Memorial Day parade by going in reverse. Kind of like a tennis match---look to the left, now look to the right. just 1 (and only) chmoore. Thank you for organizing it, though.

Now ch, this sounds a tad bit negative to me. Almost what a naysayer would come up with, with a hint of complaining thrown in for good measure. It appears that euphoria you were experiencing with your levy passage has worn off and you have become just another grumpy old man like me. I hope that isn't the case, as your bright outlook sets the standard as you continue to be a cheerleader for the city and the schools. Keep up that good positive attitude. You are a beacon of hope.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 4:01pm
Thanks, VV, for bringing me back to reality. I was starting to drift off to complacency in nostalgia-ville. What was it I was saying? Something about "fired up, ready to go!" or something like that. The one-and-only, just 1chmoore.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:27pm

Thanks, VV, for bringing me back to reality. I was starting to drift off to complacency in nostalgia-ville. What was it I was saying? Something about "fired up, ready to go!" or something like that. The one-and-only, just 1chmoore.

There ya go!!! Stay focused on only the good things. Ignore the issues that trend you in a negative direction. Realizing it is human nature to go negative with such an enormous source of failure in the city, one is bound to backslide now and again. Forgivable. Just the good things. That's what we want to hear from our friend ch. Just wish Factguy would join you. You folks think alike and only see the goodness in a situation. So did the folks on the Titanic until that pesky iceberg got in the way. Some in this city are still optimistic saying the schools and city will get better as they ride the stern with Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet on the way down. Heck, we're getting ready to build a new Titanic to replace the one that's been slowly sinking for decades. Given time, it'll hit an iceberg too and we will all see the continued poor performance issues way before we know how long it will last. More money wasted.

Now don't forget the band. Need music (perhaps the band playing on the deck) and perhaps some celebration to feed that enthusiasm for the city. Yessir, we are headed in the right direction with the schools and the city. Competent leaders with the proper vision and game plan producing consistently positive results. Hey, just look at how much the city leadership and schools have accomplished since the 80's!!!!......or, perhaps we shouldn't. Don't want to cause people severe depression.

Show us the way ray of sunshine.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 9:53am
VV: always good to know that I can count on you to "have my back"---even though I feel a knife stab every once in a while. As long as I get to Middletown Regional Hospital in time, I'll be ok. Here's life on my street, viewed through my rose-colored contact lenses: I like to provide opportunities to the 80% of Middletown students who HAVE (not yelling) passed the government-imposed standards' tests. I believe that they should have as much help as we can give them to be competitive. Well, gotta go to the parade---I hear the Middie Alumni band tuning up! Hooray, for the red-white-and-blue! C'mon, factguy. I need someone to hold the other end of this banner. Your "bud," just 1chmoore, marching to the beat of the MCSD drum.   
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 11:10am

ch:

"I can count on you to "have my back"---even though I feel a knife stab every once in a while"

Naw, just your imagination.

ch: "As long as I get to Middletown Regional Hospital in time"....

Whoops! Another slip ch. Remember, Middletown Regional Hospital became the Atrium Medical Center when they vacated Middletown. Can't much blame McNeil though as he wanted to break away from anything named Middletown, right?

ch:

"I like to provide opportunities to the 80% of Middletown students who HAVE (not yelling) passed the government-imposed standards' tests."

Gee, close to 80% passing huh? After how many attempts ch? Your school system is performing at a high level. 80% passing after what, a decade or so......great news. Problem is, all the other districts have eclipsed your best shot by a significant margin.....and they did it long ago. Oh, and those government imposed standards? Someone needs to evaluate your school people to measure and report to the taxpayer how their money is being wasted in the educational process. Do you think they would provide an accurate accounting if it were self-evaluating?

Keep hope alive ch, you rainbow warrior you. Between the city and the school leaders, you are supporting some real winners who need a friend once in awhile.
Factguy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Factguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 9:19pm

da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 9:32pm
Same Rules and Regs as Always You may not Advertise that you are running for an office, and you may not throw or pass out candy, papers, flags balloons anything like that. Call if you have questions
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 9:34pm
For right now the parade will be on Verity Parkway.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 6:04am
Originally posted by da120757 da120757 wrote:

For right now the parade will be on Verity Parkway.

I'm sorry ch. I know you were counting on the change of location. Perhaps your pals in the city building could influence their decision in coming years. Be patient o' purveyor of good news.

Factguy...could you ID the older gentleman in the Vette? Thank you in advance.
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 6:29am
VV: the operative words here are "for now." Change always has to start somewhere. And by the way, I have NO friends at the city level; I don't care for any of them. Just here for balance...1chmoore.
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 6:58am
The only reason that the Parade was on Breiel Blvd to begin with was because of the All American Weekend that was held at MHS. The City of Middletown has nothing to do with the Parades in Middletown. The Middletown Memorial Day Association are the ones that organize both Parades. I just do not see the Parade Route changing back to Breiel Blvd.
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 9:46am
Da: I realize that the Breiel parades were eventually because of All-American weekend. However, the 4th of July parade NEVER went from the cemetery to Smith Park until a few years ago. And just because you don't see it anywhere else, doesn't mean that it can't be discussed. So what's the sense in running it in reverse? Why not have it from Smith Park to the cemetery? Over the years, both parades used to go down Main Street. just 1chmoore.
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 9:50am
We have a meeting on Thursday June 5 at 4004 Lewis St. 6:00 PM, Please come and Voice your Opinions for Moving the Parade. Thank you
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 11:11am

VV: the operative words here are "for now." Change always has to start somewhere. And by the way, I have NO friends at the city level; I don't care for any of them. Just here for balance...1chmoore.

Whoa ch! SURE you have friends at the city level.......the entire school board with Ms. Andrew and Super Ison taking the lead and the rest of the influential folks (at least the one's who haven't left as yet) are eternally grateful to you and the friends of the schools for your support in inching over the finish line on the recent levy win of 22 votes. Just think, your yes vote may have put your side in the winner's circle....and continued the district's quest for mediocrity.

Sounds like you want the old parade on Breile. Strong opinions with regard to da's post with a little "snippiness" thrown in for good measure. Remember, us old guys need to watch the old blood pressure. Again, just watching your back exalted ruler of the righteous flock of believers. Carry on.

You're here for balance you say?

I would guess you are outnumbered by a large margin on that. If the truth were known, I would imagine that the rose colored town folks are outnumbered by a large percentage of this town. If only that large percentage cared enough to participate.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 2:51pm
VV, I may be wrong, but it resembles Bill Akers Sr., but can't tell if those are glasses he is wearing. Nice car- 1965 corvette isn't it.
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 3:43pm
Much earlier than a '65 'Vette. Possibly a 1960???
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:43pm
When was that photo taken does anyone know?
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:54pm
Mike is right. The body style was for 1958-1962.

I have no idea personally what year the photo was taken, but believe it might be 1988.
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:58pm
ok was trying to figure out where it was at when the photo was taken. Thanks
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 5:31pm
Does any one have a better magnifing glass than I do. Trying to read license plate. Does it look like 1962? I'm guessing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic