Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Monday, May 6, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown 4th of July Parade - Event Date: Jul 04 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 9:53am
VV: always good to know that I can count on you to "have my back"---even though I feel a knife stab every once in a while. As long as I get to Middletown Regional Hospital in time, I'll be ok. Here's life on my street, viewed through my rose-colored contact lenses: I like to provide opportunities to the 80% of Middletown students who HAVE (not yelling) passed the government-imposed standards' tests. I believe that they should have as much help as we can give them to be competitive. Well, gotta go to the parade---I hear the Middie Alumni band tuning up! Hooray, for the red-white-and-blue! C'mon, factguy. I need someone to hold the other end of this banner. Your "bud," just 1chmoore, marching to the beat of the MCSD drum.   
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by chmoore1 chmoore1 wrote:

Thanks, VV, for bringing me back to reality. I was starting to drift off to complacency in nostalgia-ville. What was it I was saying? Something about "fired up, ready to go!" or something like that. The one-and-only, just 1chmoore.

There ya go!!! Stay focused on only the good things. Ignore the issues that trend you in a negative direction. Realizing it is human nature to go negative with such an enormous source of failure in the city, one is bound to backslide now and again. Forgivable. Just the good things. That's what we want to hear from our friend ch. Just wish Factguy would join you. You folks think alike and only see the goodness in a situation. So did the folks on the Titanic until that pesky iceberg got in the way. Some in this city are still optimistic saying the schools and city will get better as they ride the stern with Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet on the way down. Heck, we're getting ready to build a new Titanic to replace the one that's been slowly sinking for decades. Given time, it'll hit an iceberg too and we will all see the continued poor performance issues way before we know how long it will last. More money wasted.

Now don't forget the band. Need music (perhaps the band playing on the deck) and perhaps some celebration to feed that enthusiasm for the city. Yessir, we are headed in the right direction with the schools and the city. Competent leaders with the proper vision and game plan producing consistently positive results. Hey, just look at how much the city leadership and schools have accomplished since the 80's!!!!......or, perhaps we shouldn't. Don't want to cause people severe depression.

Show us the way ray of sunshine.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 4:01pm
Thanks, VV, for bringing me back to reality. I was starting to drift off to complacency in nostalgia-ville. What was it I was saying? Something about "fired up, ready to go!" or something like that. The one-and-only, just 1chmoore.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by chmoore1 chmoore1 wrote:

da: how can we get the 4th of July parade back out on Breiel Blvd. like it was a number of years ago? Now, it just seems like it negates the Memorial Day parade by going in reverse. Kind of like a tennis match---look to the left, now look to the right. just 1 (and only) chmoore. Thank you for organizing it, though.

Now ch, this sounds a tad bit negative to me. Almost what a naysayer would come up with, with a hint of complaining thrown in for good measure. It appears that euphoria you were experiencing with your levy passage has worn off and you have become just another grumpy old man like me. I hope that isn't the case, as your bright outlook sets the standard as you continue to be a cheerleader for the city and the schools. Keep up that good positive attitude. You are a beacon of hope.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 12:47pm
must be afraid that musa might sponsor a float?
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:46am
da: how can we get the 4th of July parade back out on Breiel Blvd. like it was a number of years ago? Now, it just seems like it negates the Memorial Day parade by going in reverse. Kind of like a tennis match---look to the left, now look to the right. just 1 (and only) chmoore. Thank you for organizing it, though.
FmrMide81 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FmrMide81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:51am
How tragic that there will be much stricter enforcement of Rules and Regulations for a parade than there is for actual laws.
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 6:59am
******** UPDATE ********

Plans underway for 4th of July Parade in Middletown Ohio

The Middletown Memorial Day Association will hold their first planning meeting on Thursday June 5, 2014, at 4004 Lewis Street Middletown Ohio at 6:00 PM. The Theme for the 4th of July Parade this year will be
"WE THE PEOPLE", and participants are asked to display this on their floats or vehicles for the parade. There are Rules and Regulations for the Parades in Middletown, please call 513-423-6017 or email da120757@yahoo.com if you have questions.
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 8:23am
The Middletown Ohio 4th of July/Independence Day Parade will be held on Friday July 4, 2014.

Parade lineup will begin at 9:00 AM on Verity Parkway/Route 4, between 14th Ave and Lafayette Ave.

All parade participants are to enter the parade lineup at Lafayette Ave.

Meetings will begin on June 5,2014 and will be held at 4004 Lewis Street in Middletown Ohio (Between Jackson Lane and Eaton Ave)

For more information contact Joe M Snider at 513-423-6017 or email da120757@yahoo.com

Thank you and we hope to see you in the parade.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic