FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What can we do?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2010 at 11:31am
Just for grins and giggles, lets say you win a $100,000,000.00 judgementLOL against the city.  Now never mind the award of $100,000,000.00 who is actually going to pay your lawyer fees of say 1/3 or $33,000,000.00 or whatever the agreed amount in lawyer fees would be.  Is the city insured for that much or will we the taxpayer end up footing the bill.Confused
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2010 at 10:28pm
The taxpayer would be the plaintiff and would benefit in the award of damages were awarded. I believe the premise Mike Presta stated was a class action suit. no, the taxpayer would not be billed on a loss to the city. That isn't covered in an ordinance to raise taxes to 20%. Yes, the city would have an insurance policy against loss, and I'm sure it has a specified amount. I;d assume many residents would be happy to settle at the maximum level in the policy wouldn't you? I doubt if this would ever get off the ground. Too many in Middletown prefer to be run over the city.    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic