FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AIN'T NO WAY!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 12:14pm
Murray - What planet are you on ?

Everyone knows Schiavones record and how he was fired from two jobs for what he did and yes it was criminal ! And no he was not prosecuted but in my opinion he should have been from what I know of both incidents.

Again Murray you offer no explanation,reasons or anything else. If you would prefer,send me a private email and explain all this to me. If I am wrong I'll admit it and offer a public apology,but until then your statements are futile.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Murray Murray wrote:

Out of curiousity, if I asked you to quit your job in exchange for a 35 hr a week job for 6 weeks, would you do it? 

To want an explanation is fine, but to start a witch hunt is an entirely differnt matter.

Murray - Thats an easy one,if I am a sitting council member and the job being offered to me is being created just for me or my connections to the courts will get me that job and if I have no morals and could care less what the public thinks,then yes,I'll take the job. If I am honest & sincere and care about the general public whom I serve & have served,then NO,I would not even consider a back-room deal like this.

Does that answer your question ?
Murray View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 1:07pm
So is all of this fact?  Or are you filling in some blanks here?  That's all I'm saying...see previous posts.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 2:02pm

I find rather amusing that before this so called"EMERGENCY" came up that someone didnt mention that DS was already placed in the job. Murray as someone stated "What planet are you from?" Are council seems to only place a "EMERGENCY" when they dont want the citizens to give feedback on it. But again they have been doing it for along time.

I myself didnt get into this nonsense until are council decided to rezone land for a damn pollution pit. When they decided that AK Hellhole is worth more than the health of the kids,the seniors at Garden Manor,and the people that live in the surrounding. Before you say it Im Not from Monroe,hate to admit it but Im from Middletucky and hopeing like hell I can sell and get the hell out of this deadtown. Smile

jag123 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jag123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 2:48pm
What do I say about all of this................ DAMN BENGALSLOL
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by jag123 jag123 wrote:

What do I say about all of this................ DAMN BENGALSLOL

I'm with you jag....Damn Bengals !!! Wink  LOL
stewieboy View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stewieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2010 at 12:25am
I believe Court maintains their own budget separate from the city's budget.  Court employee salaries are mostly paid for by the county, not the city. 
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2010 at 7:27am
stewieboy- I might be wrong here, but didn't someone say that this position funding was configured in last years city budget? Is that right or not folks? Is stewieboy right? Does Schiavone's salary come from the county budget? If so, why is this issue before the city council, why was an ordinance adopted and why was it declared an emergency by Landen?
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2010 at 10:59am
Mr. Murray, you have yet to answer the one question that I asked more than once, If council has no say so in this matter why bring them an emergency ordnance in the first place? And please dont say out of courtesy , it the decision council made that day didn't really matter in the first place why waste their time and quite frankly mine as well as I sat there listening to the ordnance being read. So please explain to me ans the rest of our readers Why??
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Murray View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2010 at 11:11am

My post did answer it...it said out of courtesy (although I don't think I spelled it correctly, my fault)...not out of curiosity.  From my understanding it is faster to have it approved by council, but not necessary. 

randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2010 at 11:29am
So pretty much it was a waste of time.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2010 at 11:31am
OK well what was the rush to create this job? if you can explain that to me (in a logical way) I will leave this subject alone till more facts come out.
Murray View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2010 at 11:37am
It is my understanding that the rush to create the job was because Middletown Courts were dinged for lack of appropriate security by the Ohio Supreme Court and told to fix it.  In light of what happened in Las Vegas a few weeks ago, I could see why that is important.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2010 at 11:45am

Ok, I will wait for more infor to come out before voicing my opinion any more, but in closing you and I both know that something funny went down.

stewieboy View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stewieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2010 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

stewieboy- I might be wrong here, but didn't someone say that this position funding was configured in last years city budget? Is that right or not folks? Is stewieboy right? Does Schiavone's salary come from the county budget? If so, why is this issue before the city council, why was an ordinance adopted and why was it declared an emergency by Landen?

From the Court Directors staff report to City mgr:
" There is no financial impact to the city as the funds for this position would be available from the Court’s Special Projects Fund.  The Municipal Court would stay within their approved 2010 budget."

The court's special project fund is not part of the city budget. I think it is partially funded from court fines.  The city has no hand, unfortunately, in this fund.

I'm going to go against the grain here in being slightly dissapointed in the way that AJ and JL are reacting to this issue.  By being "extremely upset", "furious", and "deeply apologizing" seem like grandstanding and melodramatic.  This might very well be warranted, but not without first knowing all the facts first.  Coming out with guns blazing first seem very insincere to me.  I'm not a politican and not a fan of this cities management, but in 20 years of business I've seen it too often where the new "kid", though well intentioned, comes out making the most noise, but end up stumbling.  Let your actions speak for you.  You build credibility that way, and the noise you make after that will be taken more seriously.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2010 at 2:23pm
stewie's final paragraph pretty much says it all.
couldn't agree more--and hopefully our new Council members have learned a great deal from this situation. I expect them to modify their stance and act accordingly. Time to vote down un-necessary "emergency" legislation at each and every meeting.

Still--sounds like Mr.S was aware of this opening b4 leaving Council and jumped on the opportunity after leaving Council. As to whether it was discussed with Mr.Rossi et al in advance, who knows? Obviously no one else was considered for the position, and Mr.S does have a backround within the court system. He has been hired, and will hopefully do an outstanding job.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2010 at 7:46am
From the Journal today, the most interesting part of the quote to me is in red:

Thumbs down to 
a contentious hire

"While we have a great deal of respect for Judge Mark Wall and other officials in Middletown Municipal Court, we have to bestow a “thumbs down” over the recent hiring of former Middletown City Council member David Schiavone by the court. Granted, Schiavone will only be working for the court on a part-time and temporary basis, but even the appearance of impropriety — that Schiavone possibly used his influence to get the job — should be avoided. Critics of City Hall have enough ammunition without giving them a gift-wrapped grievance like this."

Must be some credence to what is said on this board.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2010 at 9:39am
Good post Pacman !!

And I agree with you,must be something to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic