FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conversation With a Council Member

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Mtown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 7:59am
Nelson Himself
Please move on or take some action.
Your babbling about NSP really is a waste if time and energy.
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 8:48am
Nelson Himself, Nelson R. Self, NRS, Mr. Paranoia,

It is nice to know someone is interested in this program, however, how many times must you be told:  (a) no one else understands these government programs so our eyes glaze over when you post, (b) what can we do about it?, (c) you have far more contacts within this industry and can spur on far more change than any of us can.

What do you think is being accomplished by posting  about the NSP funds, knowing no one will respond?  Isn't that the definition of insanity -- doing something over and over expecting a different result?  The citizens of this town barely register outrage at the city missteps that we DO understand.  We certainly aren't going to bring about change with a program NO ONE but you understands.

Some on this board feel you would benefit from increased professional help.  You certainly aren't finding peace on this blog.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 10:07am
Nelson, if it is cathartic for you to post on NSP, post on it, nor harm in that at all.

Take contructive action; if wronged, pursue it.

We all know Middletown is run highly inefficiently, with pork and waste, and some allegations made about gas funds used inappropriately, and so on.

Just don't let this city's faulure's linger into ruining your life.I could write many books on many fine, talented senior executives who got caught in the cross-fires if an empty suit business executive, and was let go. It happens daily. Enron, Worldcom, one of the hottest markets today is forensic accounting.

You did your job and evidently did it well. The city doesn't typically reward such action, they like the politics and others pulling their strings.

Move forward. Take action. Heal. 
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 10:46am
Some of us do understand about the NSP funds - and if you don't you should - it is your tax money at waste.

Acclaro - you are correct in what you have said Nelson don't let the city ruin your life.  But speak about what you know - people do need to hear it.  People like Neil and Mtown just don't want the truth to come out.  If they know something different they should share - rather then criticize someone for speaking the truth.  Again if they are so uninformed about NSP, then they should not be posting about it.
Mtown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 10:56am
Maybe Nelson and Vivian could run as a team the council election next year. Then we could find out if the electorate supports them.

My guess is they are afraid to toss their hat in the ring just like the other MiddletownUSA regulars.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Bobbie Bobbie wrote:

Some of us do understand about the NSP funds - and if you don't you should - it is your tax money at waste.

Ok Bobbie explain NSP and tell us how it is being wasted in Middletown currently.  Spare us the $2.144 is going to save the Real Estate Market as we are all smart enough to know that isn't going to happen.
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 12:03pm
Mtown,
       What we have learned from you on this forum is that you have:
                                  0% of the knowledge of Nelson Self
                                  0%  of the compassion of Nelson Self
                                  0% of the passion of Nelson Self
                                  0% of the integrity of Nelson Self
                                  0% of the credibility of Nelson Self
                                  0% of the importance to the city of Nelson Self

So, in the spirit of Christmas, why don't you slither back into your closet and see if you can
               find a shred of decency to show when you slither back out.

Paul Nagy

spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 1:18pm
wow--what an amazing turn that this forum has taken over the last few days.
did we have posts deleted or removed?
I read where I am also posting as Mtown and/or mtown(didn't realize there to be two).
So--I have been going back and forth with myself?
Yep--you really have ole Spider figured out--you must be a city detective!
I have used one screen same here since beginning 3+ years ago.
I do not know the identity of any mtowns, though I have a pretty good idea.
I concentrate on the message as opposed to the messenger, though since the MJ trolls have arrived as mtown,Barille, guest and such, there have been many attempts to distract, denigrate and discourage.
So--the messages here are obviously resonating loudly.
Council and Admin are obsessed with this site, particularly the postings of Mr.Self.
Very unsavory personal attacks and baiting, as opposed to refuting any of his "facts and figs".
Nelson--I defend your information and appreciate your posting of them. I don't enjoy your personal insults toward others any more than I like those same insults directed at you.

Now we don't like Anita, AJ, Judy, Sam and MANY other public figues?
I know them all, appreciate their efforts and like them all very much.
Anita has be a savior to the citizen by hanging tough with the right ?s and bringing the touchy issues to the public Council forum instead of the shady executive session dealings. She has done us prtoud as a representative of the entire public. Sure--we could lose some of the drama and repeated personal disclosure, and I expect that we will lose just that, while turning up the heat for public answers and basic information.
The city manager serves the will of Council. They theoretically guide her decision-making--she implements those policy decisions. The lady seems happy here, and seems to want to be here(more than we can say for many Admin/public safety employees). I hope that she remains, but with clear consistent direction from a very un-clear, zig-zagging Council. 

Acclaro, I thank you very much for your kind words lately.
You and I have agreed and disagreed on many topics, however we have been dead on concerning long-term east end and now west end devopments. We must stand firm against the new brand of bullying coming from the hypocritical trolls. Still--they have only hurt their own cause by representing themselves and their cronies in the negative, insensitive manner of their choice.

Hopefully PAC and Cin St(long way off) will help turn around an area that has been destroyed by wasteful spending, un-imaginative planning and property owners who have refused to keep up their holdings. Everyone down there seems to think that we are responsible to fund their follies, mistakes and private ventures. Not going to happen. Time for Council/Admin to make a sweep of delinquent loans, taxes, and performance clause incentives tied to grants, loans and other funding. Those in arrears and non-compliance should be dealt with to the agreed specifications.

Time for more attention towards the business areas between the former downtown and the new interstate interchange. The retail/restaurant/professional void has become a serious "quality of life" issue to those still choosing to reside here.

It has been a very difficult year for many, with little comfort on the horizon.
Ohio will pay the piper this year with massive govt.spending cuts.
Cities,schools,non-profits and citizens will feel it.
The rough spell is far from over.

And here we are during the season reserved for thanfulness, appreciation, family and helping others--
sniping back and forth like never before.
Appreciate whatever you have, help whomever you can, and never forget about doing the right thing and the reason for the season.

As Mick said repeatedly at Altamont(a sad end to a wonderful era of peace/love):
"Why are we fighting--And what for?"
Mtown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 1:45pm
Spider
Nelson Himself doesn't put out any current or relevant facts and figures. He puts old info out there no one cares about and simply ask questions about the NSP program as a way to make subtle accusations.

MiddletownUSA regulars love to rant about the mall downtown and lake Middletown and on and on about the past.

Get over it, move on, look forward.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 2:50pm
Yea Spider and you Middletownusa regulars stop complaining about the past and look forwarded to the future.

PAC is here and going to adorn our downtown with car hoods, Cincy State is coming and is going to stick us (the tax payer) with more useless buildings when they bailout in a year or so. Middletown City leaders our wasting time and money making goofy Xmas videos for facebook (see Great Video From The City) And don't forget the 10 + business that closed this year.

Gosh Spider and MUSA faithfully why aren't you guys dancing in the street with pride for our city?
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 4:39pm
Baw Humbug !! Disapprove
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 9:46pm
Well said spider.

For Nelson Self- just adopt "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." No control over anything that is happening, so all one can do is Hang 10. 

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth....or a buyer for the homes sitting empty in my neighborhood now for 1.5 years, with prices falling $25,000. each month.

Butler Cty is in bad shape. Dreamworld and confederate money is ending January 2011. So glad they got the bike track to Franklin completed before the money tree died, but see a money pit awaiting on the acquisitions.   

Remember as we move into the season of giving. Bright past. Brighter future. They know. All is well.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 7:06am
What A City View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote What A City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 7:31am
Problem is Spider.....most of the people in that huge crowd listening to the Youngbloods, wanting harmony and peace among people. all grew up, went into corporate America management, city, state and federal governments, politics and other "people screwing" capacities after college, and became what they once distrusted/ despised.  Most of the "radical, protesting, anti-government, don't trust anyone over 30" crowd of the sixties ended up just like the ones they once hated. In the end, this song had no long lasting effect on the generation it was suppose to apply to.  The friends I had in the 60's all went off to college, got a degree, went to work for the man, obtained some type of authority position and became the power-hungry , suburb living, country clubbing , BMW driving snots they once threw rocks at. All of the defiance left after this time period. Now, we have sheep who follow like some of the posters here, who believe Gilleland's crew telling them everything is alright in the world.
Their politics changed also. They went from liberal, protesting anti- government radicals to conservative party line thinking and now abhor the people who are like them before they got "conservative religion" Big%20smile JMO
Eleven View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 2:21pm

Sorry to interrupt but back to thread topic..

Very sorry to hear that she will not be posting here anymore. Yes, it takes a thick skin to be a politician. But you know what? It also takes a little backbone to say somethings to peoples faces and not from behind a computer screen.
ASJ- while I was disappointed in your involvement and lack of involvement in the "Union City Council Meeting" I want you to know I am satisfied in most of your actions. Please keep asking questions and bringing things to light for the public. A lot of residents do support you. Thank you for your service
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Eleven Eleven wrote:

It also takes a little backbone to say somethings to peoples faces and not from behind a computer screen.

Yes, Eleven for some it may take a backbone, but for others in this city it depends on what you have to lose.  Just ask ole Spider about his experience with many of the people in town who think everything is wonderful and what has happened to him and he has lived here all of his life and is a far bigger business person in this town than I am.  I have been warned over and over to be leary of ever identifying myself in Public.

Eleven, that is a mighty strange first or last name, are you by chance looking for a backbone.
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 4:19pm
[.

[/QUOTE]

Ok Bobbie explain NSP and tell us how it is being wasted in Middletown currently.  Spare us the $2.144 is going to save the Real Estate Market as we are all smart enough to know that isn't going to happen.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry Pacman - missed that you had asked me this question.  NSP - Neighborhood Stabilization Program - to help communities that have been severly damaged from Foreclosure.  That is your brief definition.  I have never said the 2.144 million would save Middletown, as a matter of fact I was never a fan of the program.  But 11 homes will never stabilize the community - only jobs will - and that is a recovery that will take time.  The city has not followed what their plan was - which is a big waste of money.  Nor did they take into consideration any suggestions (from Mr Self or anyone else) on how these funds could better provide for the community within the quidelines for what the money could be spent on.

As a matter of fact is it not a waste of money to have a plan approved - then pay a consultant to draft another plan.  You know, the one they are not following - but paid for. 

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 5:22pm
Bobbie I have read the NSP info on the city Web site a number of times and I am well aware of what it is.  I agree it is a waste of funds in Middletown with only $2.144 Million.  Why the plan has been changed I don't know.  But the current plan has been approved by HUD and follows HUD guidelines.  The fact that the city went in a different direction than Nelson wanted is immaterial and their prerogative since he is no longer employed by the City.

Personally I think they should have taken the money and torn down about 300-400 homes, they would have gotten a bigger bang for the buck but that is a nono with HUD.   The way HUD operates, their funds come with far to many strings attached.  I am no fan of taking these small amounts from HUD period.  This city needs in the 10's of Millions of dollars now not over the next 25 years.

That being said I have no problem with the city buying middle income housing and selling them to families that make 120% of the Median income for the area.  I much prefer that than buying 50 houses and selling them to families making 50% of median income.  Who is more likely to make a go of it a family making $80-85,000.00 or one making $30,000.00.

Just exactly what has happened to the last programs that the city instituted selling the homes cheaply.  The $1.00 program etc.  Are any of the original buyers in those homes still?  Have any of those homes gone into foreclosure?  Have any been abandoned?

The current plan buys both types of homes and not just homes for low income families, I see no issue with that when HUD is basically pulling the strings.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 6:17pm
NSP is the least of the problems in Middletown. Funds drying up. Desperate "hail mary's" on PAC, Cincinnati State, others. Moving day for CS& H. I'm sending out my SOS.

wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2010 at 9:42am
acclaro, when you are talking about the fact that the city is in need of over $100 million just for road repairs etc and another $15-21 Million just to tear down the dilapitated homes, I would say PAC is the least of the cities problems.

Much of Middletown's problems can be tied back to HUD and their programs and the Cities lack of understanding what they have done to this town with little regard for the outcome.  Now we can all be Politically correct and deny the problems but they are there and it appears that they are not going to be resolved anytime soon.

Personally I'll take a $1.1 Million, including the building, PAC problem over a $120 million infrastructure problem any day of the week.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2010 at 10:21am
Wasteful, I am not certain I understand your premise/ hypothesis. Are you saying it is less of a problem to take $1.1 Mm in expenditures for PACand Cincinnati State, and the estimated $15 Mm for renovation fees, over the hole that is a crater, which is $120 Mm for neglected infrastructure? Perhaps AJ Smith and others, could have gotten $120 Mm in Obama's "stimulus" funds for sewers and streets. The figures you are using are also dated, that was anout 3 years ago. Oil and other natural products going into asphalpt has risen significantly on the spot market, and i'd project the new estimates are > $165 Mm and rising.

So, you are suggesting the street and sewer lack of oversight and preventive maintenance has caused a $150 Mm problem, therefore greater than a $16.1 Mm ependiture than the buildings and renovations? Okay, I'll conced that point.

Memo to Vivian Moon: use the cities own figures for lack of maintenance for streets and infrastruture which reflects the city hasn't maintained its own infrasrructure, which the voters did approve in the late 1980's, but they do have an obligation under the Ohio statute to maintain the cemetary. Better be pulling up some case law on that ordinanceas well. "Reasonble" has a distinct interpetation- an escape clause which puts your effort on a very slippery slope, and Mr. Wills.

In summary, its a mad city; its a made world. I state the lack of anyone putting pressure on the city to rescind the ordinance allowing the city to spend money on themselves, including salaries, is what destroyed Middletown, as well as fool-hardy decision making wasteful, HUD, others, just part of that problem called ineffective leadership and lack of vision.

swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2010 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

The retail/restaurant/professional void has become a serious "quality of life" issue to those still choosing to reside here.

bingo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic